Pre-order - credit card help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmwman3241, Sep 8, 2012.

1. bmwman3241 macrumors regular

Question: What is the cheapest item on the apple.com store to buy(not iTunes)?

I will be pre-ordering 2 unlocked iPhones when they are announced and would like to verify the credit card works with Apple. I am currently out of the country and Apple does not accept Paypal and I cannot use my debit card as it has expired so I will be using a Visa gift card (international) to buy them. I am able to set my name and billing address (US home address) from the online control panel, but want to purchase something cheap just to confirm the card works so I don't run into any problems on release day.
    I have a old card with a couple dollars so want to try that to confirm it works before buying 2 x $1,000 cards.

Also, does Apple charge the card at pre-order time or when the phone ships?

Thanks in advance

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Can't you scroll through the items in the store yourself to determine what is the cheapest?

Typically they will put a temp hold on funds, then actually charge when item ships.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Off the top of my head - the £1.25 (probs about $2) 802.11n WiFi enabler for older wireless-enabled Macs?

4. bmwman3241 thread starter macrumors regular

I have checked but can't seem to find anything under $10, but I only have about $6-7 on the card.

I don't see that on the US store. Thanks anyways

5. iforbes macrumors 6502

6. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I would not use a debit card, gift card or pre-paid credit card in my opinion. I know if there are any issues the orders get held. Just my 2 cents.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Debit card is fine to use now. They used to have issues with the past releases (I had issues with the 3GS release), but I preordered the 4 and 4S with a debit card and that worked fine since they ran it through as credit.

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

everything i ever bought from apple was with my debit,

they do in fact run it through as credit it's really nothing to even think about