Pre-order early upgrade garbage.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wutang61, Sep 13, 2012.

1. wutang61 macrumors regular

Im tossing around some ideas here. I read the "don't early upgrade until you read this" thread.

I plan on getting a 64gb phone and the early upgrade would run over 700 bucks. I'm thinking about opening up a another line on our family plan (1400 min NO shared data) it would run me ~150 bucks for the year to buy the iPhone swap it to my line and "dumb phone" the new line.

I plan on buying the next iPhone as well so this seems like the "cost effective" solution. This way I pay a 150 dollar "upgrade fee" vs 250.

I have questions about this. How long would I have to keep the iPhone on the new line before switching it? This would not trigger a ETF correct? (removing the data and changing the phone to a dumb phone)

It's not about the 100 or so dollars i would save this year but next year as well.

As soon as I get the phone (21st) I would like to drive to AT&T that same day and get the numbers switched and the plan changed. Possible? Pipe dream?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

What you want to do can be done without issue.

3. wutang61 thread starter macrumors regular

i plan on keeping the line not canceling it. i just 1. dont want to trigger ETF 2. be able to swap it same day to my un-(limited) data line. and change it to a 9.99 a month plan i will be doing this on apples site with it prolly slowed to a crawl.