Pre-order from Apple, shipped to home - lose unlimited plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProMod, Jun 12, 2010.

1. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I'm being told by an assistant manager at the local AT&T store that when pre-ordering from Apple, the option to keep your unlimited data plan will not be there. He says that to ensure I keep my unlimited plan, I need to come into the store to pre-order then come in again on launch day to pick it up.

Is this true? I've read conflicting opinions and reports by searching the threads here on the site.

I really just want to pre-order from Apple and have it shipped to my home on launch day, and want to make sure that I can do that and keep my unlimited data plan.

2. euphrus macrumors member

im not really sure, but i want to know for sure. For the safe side...ill prob go instore and do it

3. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

the att guy just wants credit for selling you the phone. Bills need to be paid so a little lie here and there wont hurt anybody

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

This sounds like crap to me!

I hope somebody will call Apple to find this out. Sounds like ATT blowing smoke or something else!

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not true... AT&T is just trying to get you to order from them. I confirmed with AT&T on Facebook that no Apple or AT&T employees can change your plan when you upgrade. The only way for them to change the iPhone plan is to actually call into AT&T Customer service. Check it out yourself on Facebook. When you upgrade, your plan will not be changed.

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Holy crap. Yet again more terrible info from local AT&T reps. This forum is getting so full of crap rumors.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

False... due to ignorant employee. Let's not bash AT&T people, no one here is perfect, AT&T is a huge company with too many employees to have everyone perfectly trained. I know, I use three cellular providers and they are all the same. Fact.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes it is. These AT&T reps in stores are ripping us new ones and giving conflicting information. The reason? They want you to upgrade with them. One dude told me that there were no online preorders and I must preorder through the AT&T store. Bull.

9. LocoMoco macrumors member

I agree. All these guys just want their cut, too. AT&T also has to make their sales quota not just the CSR.

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Your point carrys good weight. I don't disagree with no one being perfect and that AT&T is huge and there will be some conflicting information. Agreed. However, we've heard some pretty off-the-wall things and some of these guys are downright sharks to get you to upgrade with them.

Are any of the cellular providers different? Nope. I agree again.

11. ProMod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the info everyone. My gut told me he was wrong and/or looking for a sale, but I just wanted some good feedback. I'll be preordering online from Apple.com on the 15th and having it shipped to my home.

12. LoganT macrumors 68020

Sometimes employees are so stupid. I remember the Comcast cable guy trying to convince me that I couldn't just go to the store and buy a coaxial cable for my TV and had to buy one directly from them.

13. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

lol

sound like sales people at Best Buy "Sorry sir, we only sell $200 Monster HDMI cables" :p