Pre-Order Online to pick up in store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enrique Fontela, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Enrique Fontela macrumors newbie

I called my local Apple Store (Miami, FL) & asked them how in-store pre-orders would work out. They said that they won't be taking any in-store pre-orders. That anyone going into the store tomorrow to pre-order, they would simply guide them through the pre-order online. They said they didn't have any information about picking up in-store when pre-ordering online. Do any of you know if that is possible? How was it last year?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

in store is strictly first come first serve. If you pre-order online, the option to ship to store is grayed out. It would be too chaotic to have people there to pick up and buy all in the same day.

3. Enrique Fontela thread starter macrumors newbie

And when you order it online would I receive it on the 21st or would it be SHIPPED to me on the 21st? (If I get the 1st wave)

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

it would be at your door on the 21st.

5. Enrique Fontela thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay awesome :) Anyway in knowing if I got the 1st shipment after pre-ordering?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

when you go to checkout it tells you when the item will ship. The date would be different than the 21st if you have missed the initial batch. It will most likely say "ships on the 21st", but that means it will be at your house on that day. Basically it ships on the 19th or so, but the carrier hold it for delivery until the 21st

7. gadget123 macrumors 68000

So if I pre order one tomorrow or the weekend I can have it on launch day?

8. Enrique Fontela thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait but then you're saying it would SHIP on the 21st? How would it be on my door that day if that's the day it would ship? Sorry for all the questions I just really need to get it on the 21st as a promise I made to someone.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

no

and as to how this works, there are 38 other threads just today about this topic

10. KPOM macrumors G5

Likely by the time we get to tomorrow afternoon the shipment date will have slipped.

11. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

what KPOM said, they will definitely have slipped by tomorrow afternoon. What I meant by the "ships on the 21st" thing was that the apple site may say that, but it will be at your door on that day. It has been that way since pre-orders started.

12. NastyComputers macrumors regular

NastyComputers

Anybody know when the preorder will open up on Friday?