Pre-order online vs in store...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eggtastic, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Alright, There may be a thread on this but i couldn't find a solid answer and i am too excited to keep searching forever.

With that said, if i pre order online whether it be att or apple, will i RECEIVE it on the 19th, or will it ship on the 19th?

2nd question... if i do decide to pre-order and pick up at the local apple store, will i have the option to NOT have them tearing into the box. this is odd to some, i know, but unboxing a new toy is fun.

background (if you care): Started with apple with the 3g, then 4, then the 4 got stolen, so i ventured over to android with the release of the samsung galaxy s3. i enjoy some features, but hate others, and now looking for the reliability of the iphone 6+. it was 6+ or Lg g3, and it was a close call, but again, staying in the apple eco-system is nice.

thanks for the replies.

2. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

1. If you pre-order quickly on September 12 at 12:00 PST, you will almost surely receive it at your home on the launch day of September 19.

2. You should be able to request to open the box yourself. I bought the 5s on launch day last year in an Apple Store, and the employee asked me if I wanted her to open it and set it up, but I declined and said I would prefer to do it myself. The phone can be activated by the employee without the box physically being opened.