(pre)Order Online, Wait in Line, Or Other?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamIchi, Sep 18, 2013.

?

(pre)Order Online, Wait In Line, Or Other?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2013.
  1. (pre)Order online

42 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Wait in Line / Brick and mortar

24 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Other (get it whenever, not on launchday)

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I didn't see a poll for this and I would like to know what MR'ers are doing for the new iPhone launch? I'm still debating. Most likely I'll wait to order online and wait for it to be delivered. I think I'm just lazy, I don't like the hassle. Or maybe I'll walk in the next day and see if they are available.

I'm going with white, not a fan of the space gray, and I think the white lends itself well to the new OS.

2. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I'm walking in Friday morning, afternoon, or evening. I work and live by att stores.

Getting 32gb gold. Don't touch my phone!

3. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

I'm still trying to decide. Would prefer to walk in to a local VZW store on friday morning, but nervous about taking my chances and missing out all together.

4. McBeats macrumors 6502a

can you get contract-free/unlocked phones in-store? otherwise online.

5. smizzle macrumors regular

smizzle

I think I'm going to just order online after reading the rumors about the supply constraints. I might check one of the stores around my house in the morning and then cancel the order if they are still in stock, although I'm not holding out much hope at this point.

Here's a question, do you guys think I will have better luck ordering on the Apple website or the app? It would be a lot more convenient to set an alarm and then place the order from bed with express checkout but I'm worried it wont update as quickly as the website.

6. kunaalarria macrumors member

always the app. tried it for the 5c last week and the app was up right away and site took way longer.

7. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I'll probably do the same, order it online first.