Pre order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marine0621, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Marine0621 macrumors member

I've never preordered a phone before so forgive this probably dumb question. I will be switching from ATT back to VZW for the iPhone 5 and was thinking of trying to preorder it on the 14th. My question is, when you preorder do you have to pay the $199/$299/$399 price for the phone/2 yr contract or do you basically just put in your info in order to hold a phone for when you get to a VZW store?

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If you buy from Apple it has to be a reasonably simple transaction. It sounds like you'll be wanting to port your phone number as part of this process, so the simpler way is to go directly to Verizon. Apple won't hold a phone for you at the Verizon store, they'll want to send the phone directly to you. I think this means the only transactions Apple can process are "not changing providers" and "establishing new service." And I'm not sure about the second one.

3. Marine0621 thread starter macrumors member

I was planning on going thru VZW anyway to preorder I'm just nto sure if they will expect the full $299 price for the 32gb model at time or preorder or if I just provide my name and number and model I want. I called but the people I talked to had no clue.

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Keep in mind $299 isn't "full price" for the 32GB. That's the subsidized price where VZW kicks back a bunch of money back to Apple.