Pre Order time after the conference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brad9753, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Brad9753 macrumors member

Brad9753

How long was it last year from the time the 4s was announced and the time everyone could pre order?

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know this as well...

Also, how long is the keynote and then how long after the keynote are pre orders opened?

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Rumor has it pre-orders will occur the same day as the event, so September 12th.

4. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

I believe the question referred to a time frame with the "day" already being understood. Just my evaluation

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Seems like that's the rumor at the moment.

This will be ABSOLUTE CHAOS.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I believe in all years past preorders go live the day after they announce and usually always at 2 or 3:00am as far as I remember. I believe the 4 or 4s strayed away fom this and did midnight possibly.

But I know for sure at least 3 out of the 4iPhones I had to set my alarm for 2:00am to be there when preorders went live... Within an hour though the servers strt to crash though and a *****torm for hours follows trying to place your order.

Oh, and preorders won't go live on the 12th, most likely the day after/13th between 12:00-3:00am

7. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

last year i believe the phone was announced on October 4th and I preordered my phone at 1am on October 7th. I checked my receipt for my iphone 4s and it said I ordered it on October 7th. It was only the last ipad that was available for ore-order the same day it was announced. No other iphone has been available the same day it was announced for preorder

i remember waiting up until midnight on October 6th which at 12:01am would be October 7th for the ordering to go live. It was chaos to order it but mine finally went through