Pre-order time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbobmccoy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Anyone have an idea when we'll be able to pre-order it on Friday? For those of you who pre-ordered the iPhone 4S, what time did you do that? I want to make sure I'll be able to get mine shipped! :D

2. amyangel macrumors member

there's been a lot of users saying they called Apple and reps are noting 12am PST time which would be the same as the 4S however; there are other reports that it could be as late as 3am PST.

3. oscr760 macrumors newbie

I live on the east coast, I remember AT&T had their launch at 12am

4. tbobmccoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

12am Eastern time? That'd be nice, actually... did they pre-order for delivery or pick-up?

12am PST would be okay, too I guess. I can always wake up and go back to sleep :)

5. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I just got off the phone with Apple, the sales guy said that it will be 12 midnight Cupertino time preorders start for us here in Australia, he did his best to translate it into my local time zone but I think (and hope) he got it wrong. He said it would be 5pm Saturday Sydney time. That would mean they are doing the launch more like 11:59pm on Friday not 12:01am.

Doesn't matter in the end if its the start or end of Friday it's going to be hard to get an order in with it being a global launch at that time. Good luck getting an order in before the servers start to crash.

6. aohus macrumors 68000

pre-order for an added 5th row of icons. w00t

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I also just got off the phone with an Apple sales rep and was told that there wasn't a time yet. Strange...

8. myworld2008 macrumors regular

From apple online Chat:

You are now chatting with Roderick D

Hello. Welcome to the Apple Online Store.

hi i want to know what time the preorder for iphone 5 will start?

I will be more than happy to get that time for you.

It will be 12:01am Pacific time on September 14th!

ok thanks and can i preorder unlocked iphone 5?

We actually don't have the iPhone 5 unlocked version just yet but what I can do for you is get you the link to our Hot News page and once that device is released by Apple you will be able to see that.

How does that sound?

that will be good

Perfect! One moment while I pull that up for you.

Click here for Hot News.

If you give that site a glance you will be able to see when that device is released by Apple ok.

ok thank you

No problem at all it was my pleasure!! Thank you so much for chatting in! If you have any other questions please chat back in we will be more than happy to help! You've been great! Have a great day!!

9. tbobmccoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

If you check my sig, you'll notice I'm rocking the original iPhone now. The iPhone 5 will be a huge, huge upgrade from this dinosaur :)

Thanks guys. I'll be waking up at 2am central to order my new brain (for those of us with MS, our smart phones are essentially annexes of our cerebrums).

10. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

In Australia we call that BS, they have unlocked iPhone 5's, thats the only type you can buy in Australia and much of the EU from the Apple Store. I can't believe AT&T and Verizon still have so much power over Apple. I'm sure the accountants at Apple would rather sell you a $999 Unlocked 64gb iPhone over a $199, $299, $399 locked iPhone.

11. 1siklex macrumors newbie

Yeah, Apple reps I've talked to said 12:01 PST

12. oscr760 macrumors newbie

but the at&t site kept going down, then i was going back and forth with apple and at&t site to get the iPhone

13. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

In the US,we call that FACT.Unlocked versions are usually offered 4-6 weeks after pre-order.

14. aztooh macrumors 6502a

That 199 299 399 cost to the consumer is because the rest is a subsidy from the carrier. Apple gets theirs, no worries about that.