Pre-ordered 2 iPhones. Cancelled one order. Received 2 IPhones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmoney0092, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Tmoney0092 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, so I pre-ordered one iPhone from apple and one from AT&T amidst the rush of the September 14th pre-order (needing only one phone for one line upgrade). Within the next couple of days I had called AT&T and canceled my pre-order from them, I checked the status over the phone shortly after just to confirm it had been canceled properly and sure enough, it said order was canceled. Soon after, my pending charge from AT&T was gone from my checking. So far so good. Until today, I received my iPhone from apple, then shortly after, one from AT&T. Long story short: I opened both because one didn't have any service after activation, got one to work after talking to AT&T (not telling them I had two phones). So what now? Do i do the right thing and call AT&T or try my luck at keeping the unactivated phone. Thanks for your time.

2. Yogabba macrumors newbie

Sticky situation . I'd sell it . Hell it will go for alot and at least it will be out if your hands

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

they can still bill you up to a year later so return it

4. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

They won't let you get away with this. You'll be charged full price most likely as you've used your upgrade. They may not catch it right away but they will.

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

they'll find it somehow and charge you for it. I happens very year, someone always gets 2 iPhones and only paid for one. do the right thing and give it to the shelter..... err AT&T.

6. Tmoney0092 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. 87am macrumors regular

It doesn't matter what you do. Someone will realize a phone is unaccounted for and it will be traced right to your doorstep. Be an idiot if you want.

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Walk into the nearest AT&T store on Monday and return it.

It doesn't belong to you.

How is this even open to debate?

9. detroit1 macrumors regular

you could ship it to me since mine got stolen by Fedex :)

10. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

No one is going to realize its gone. You will be fine. They arent going to take you to court over a cell phone. If you really are that worried just hold onto it for a month or two, if nobody calls about it, then your fine.

11. bobdigi macrumors regular

Do the right thing. Return it or karma will bite you in the ass.

12. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

13. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Set on them a few weeks before you do anything. I have had this happen and I ended up with 4 instead of 2 and nobody ever came back for the other two! My ONLY advice is to sell them on Craigslist and not ebay! No way to track them back to you as easy! But I also never signed for two of mine and if you did in all honesty I would ship them back and believe me!!! They will do you a favor!! Free merchandise or a gift card or something! Up to you buddy. Let us know how it ends up!