Pre-ordered, but ended up buying at Apple store. 2 extra phones. eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by invisible777, Sep 25, 2012.

1. invisible777 macrumors member

We pre-ordered 2 phones due for delivery on the 28th.

Ended up wandering into the local Apple store around noon on launch day, and as usual, no lines. Empty. Walked out with 2 new iPhone 5's.

Can I just sell the 2 "extra" pre-ordered iPhone 5's on ebay when they arrive? Or are they somehow tied into my account, either at Apple or at Verizon?

The pre-ordered phones are for Verizon, which we have no account with. The phones I actually bought on launch day are for AT&T -- we decided not to switch carriers at the last minute.

Anyone?

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Not sure from your post, but did you pay full price, or did you use a subsidy from verizon

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did you get the Verizon phones at the full non-subsidized prices? If so, yeah, sell them.

If you did sign up for a Verizon plan then you'll want to return them to Verizon in order to get the account shut down.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just take the SIM card out. I know Verizon iPhones purchased through Apple came with the SIM's preprogrammed.

5. invisible777 thread starter macrumors member

I bought them for the subsidized prices.

My understanding is the Verizon account isn't setup until after I activate through iTunes when I receive the phone?

6. Deako macrumors 6502

Surely you will still be tied into the Verizon carrier contracts. The only option i see here is to return the phones to Verizon.

7. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

If you keep the 2 extra iPhones, Verizon will charge you FULL pop for them once they find out that you already activated/upgraded those 2 lines.

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Mine was preprogrammed with my phone number and account info.

9. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

I'm looking for Verizon Iphone, i'll buy them for outright prices, if you decide to sell, PM me :)

10. bearsbears macrumors member

There's no way they will let you get away with this. I think your account is already active in the Verizon network, even if you don't have access to it yet. I signed up for a Verizon account (switching from AT&T) and even though I haven't received my phone yet, I've gotten emails asking me to confirm email address for my Verizon account, and there is already an account number associated with me.

So you will have to cancel your Verizon account, and at that point return the phones or be charged full price.

11. invisible777 thread starter macrumors member

Figured. No ebay for me.

Thanks guys.