Pre-Ordered for $649, do I have to cancel if stand in line Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Sep 18, 2012.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I was not upgrade eligible and paid full non-commitment price for the iPhone 5 during pre-orders on Friday last week but got the Oct 5th date. Do I have to cancel my order online if I decide to try purchasing in stores this Friday at the Apple Store? I know most people cancel orders online because of the discounted price they need to reset, but I don't know if I have to even though I paid full price. I thought maybe there is some limit to phone orders or something like that. My carrier is AT&T. Thanks! :D

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

limit is two per customer. Of course, if you pay cash, they can't track how many you have.

There should be no need to cancel your existing order.

3. forza1976 macrumors regular

Apple stores don't take cash if I remember correctly. Unless they go somewhere else. ;-)

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Prepaid VISA gift cards for the WIN. I have used this method to get my friend's iPhones in 2007, I just loaded up 3 different prepaid VISA cards to buy the phones, and since it processes like a credit card, you avoided the item limit entirely.

Unless they started taking driver's licenses down like Wal-Mart to track you returning something more than 3 times without a receipt.

5. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

But I only have 1 phone line and I entered that info on Apple's website when I purchased the phone at no commitment pricing.. will that cause a problem/clash if I get a phone on Friday at the Apple Store when they ask for my phone line info and my current unshipped pre-order still has that same phone line info associated with it?

6. rritterson macrumors 6502

I haven't seen any policy that would make this a problem. AT&T pays the subsidy if you get a $199 phone, but if you buy $650 phones it's no cost to them. They shouldn't care if you buy an iPhone 5, then replace it with an iPhone 5 a few days later.

AT&T knows I have a preorder out now, but they will still let me order a no-commitment phone online for $649

7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, thank you for the information. This makes my life much easier. In case I don't get a phone in person on Friday, I'll still have my pre-order intact.

8. blunti macrumors 6502a

You sure? It is the law that US currency must be accepted for any debt within the US.

9. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Yes you can use cash at an Apple Store lol. Cash isn't obsolete :p