Pre-Ordered iPhone 5 thru AT&t website. First time customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janee24, Sep 15, 2012.

1. janee24 macrumors member

I was up until 3am when the pre-order was starting. for at least 30mins i couldn't get through on the apple website. I finally got through and i was having problems with my change of address then when it was ready the status changed to shipping 1-2 weeks! lol so I went directly to At&t website.

I pre ordered mines around 4am ET with it still saying that it will arrive on 9/21 through att.com. My problem is i haven't received any type of confirmation email regarding the status of my order. I have, however i received an email saying that there was a problem with trying to transfer my number. I got a call from at&t a few hours later(11am) fixing my phone number problem. Still no email! On the website I can check the status with my phone number now and with the order number I have that i printed. My card has been charged and it is showing a pending charge for at&t authorization. on the website it says that my order is processing and the shipping is showing process. I checked on the website again thru a different order status method and its now showing this(see attached). I spoke with a rep earlier and she said that since i ordered before 11am my order should be shipped out on the 21st. Now its saying its back ordered!...IM CONFUSED!...Do any one else have this problem?....Plus i still have yet to receive an email!

Attached Files:

• attt.JPG
      attt.JPG
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
  2. ZeroGauge macrumors member

ZeroGauge

I'm having a similar issue. At&t has taken the money out of my account, but for some reason it is still showing "processing". I also ordered it around 3:15-3:30AM

3. renesandy macrumors regular

I was a first-time customer when the 4S came out, this same thing happened to me. I ended up getting the phones on time and in some cases even faster than current customers. It seems AT&T is focused more on new customers rather than upgrades, so you will probably be fine!

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Mine says the exact same thing. And my card was other charged the amount for both phones I ordered with tax.

I received two emails though. Received the first telling me my ordered was received and sent to the warehouse and cannot be cancelled at this time. The second arrived about 5 minutes after placing my order and it gave me my phones numbers for both phones. Being phone numbers were assigned to me I am guessing that ensures I will have mine on the 21st. My first email also said it would be delivered on the 21st.

5. chele519 macrumors regular

It may be true then that the 16gb will ship last. I ordered thru ATT, at 3:09 am I received a confirmation email and an order is processing email at 3:19. Mine shows processing, not pending shipment.

I was told by customer service that I would be getting an email to accept the terms and conditions and I had to do that before it would ship. I never received the email but was told by someone else that it wasn't necessary for online orders but 3 reps told me it was so I have no idea.

Have any of you received an email with terms and conditions?

6. janee24 thread starter macrumors member

it seems like we're all playing the lotto, trying to get it on the 21st lol

7. janee24 thread starter macrumors member

Nope have yet to get anything from at&t through email...still waiting on a confirmation email. :(