Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcadia310

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
I pre-ordered my iPhone 4S the day of pre-orders by phone. For some reason I never got the T&C email so I called back today and they finally sent it (idiots). Now the AT&T system is saying I didn't order the 4S until 10/10 (which is today). Does anyone else have this problem? Does it show an order date later than 10/7 but has been updated for shipping? Mine is stuck on backorder so I hope AT&T doesn't see this as me ordering the phone 3 days late therefore making me wait 1-2 weeks to get my phone.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Where does it say your order was processed today?

There are hundreds of posts here from people that preordered early that still show backordered

It doesn't mean anything

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
I preordered from AT&T on 10/6 (at ~10pm Hawaii time, 4am 10/7 EST)

My AT&T order status screen says I ordered on 10/8.

I do not think the order status screens are correct. Either that, or some orders were queued up, and re-queued through the system at a later date.

Of interest, the Order Number shown on the web page when I completed my order on 10/6 is the same as the one I received in my email two days later.

I'm not sure it means anything yet. We'll see.

I'm not really expecting my phone on 10/14 anyway, even though I preordered within the first 2 hours. This ~is~ AT&T we're talking about. I expect that maybe I'll see my phone by 10/31.

Tnnrx7

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
IF you completed your preorder before 5:30PM EST you will get the phone on release date. Anything after that, you're looking at 14-21 day delay on delivery.

Arcadia310

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Where does it say your order was processed today?

There are hundreds of posts here from people that preordered early that still show backordered

It doesn't mean anything
On the AT&T tracking page it says "Date Ordered: 10/10/2011" even though I made it on 10/7.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
arcadia, no one knows. honestly weve discussed this in the ATT thread, there is no use to start a new thread.

NoHo

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
What's a T&C email? All I got was three e-mails saying my order had been processed. For the last day and a half my order has been suck in processing on AT&T's website.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
website

What's a T&C email? All I got was three e-mails saying my order had been processed. For the last day and a half my order has been suck in processing on AT&T's website.

If you ordered from the website directly I don't think you get the new T&C email, you would have clicked through on it online already. Only phone orders had to respond to the T&C emails.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Last year when I did my order at AT&T, my receipt said it was a pretty good chance I would get my phone a week later since I barely made the cutoff time. But, guess what? At 11am launch day, I got my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.