Pre ordered today, 9/15. Bad idea?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eastbay, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Eastbay macrumors newbie

As the title states, I preordered a Verizon 64gb iPhone 5 today, 9/15. I wanted to earlier, but Verizon required a day for me to switch my number over from pre paid to a 2 yr contract.

The question is, apple quotes me a shipping date of October 10-16th. Wouldn't I be able to walk into any store on 9/28 or so and buy an iPhone without much of an issue? Was it dumb to pre order this late?

Also, I wonder if I were to cancel my order, if I still would be eligible for an upgrade with Verizon? The apple genius seemed to think it would be a problem.

2. JRIMBRI macrumors member

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. Eastbay thread starter macrumors newbie

It wouldn't let me select pre order pick up. It had the option, but u couldn't select it. I thought that odd.

5. meganator macrumors member

I'm not sure anyone was able to choose pickup. But you can cancel your Apple order once it hits processing and take your chances on launch day. Just be sure to call your carrier and make sure the upgrade resets.

6. 87am macrumors regular

It's not that easy. That will not reset his upgrade, which is a pain to do. So if showed up at the Apple store his account would not reflect upgrade pricing.

7. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

When they told me I would have to wait till October I was like eff that and decided I'd just go there on launch day and hope I get lucky.

If I had enough money, I'd both preorder and go on launch day but money doesn't come easy for me.

8. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

of course you can cancel. Just do it sooner rather than later

9. Eastbay thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it's just the resetting the upgrade. Sounds like its possible, but I will have to talk to Verizon. I would like to get an iPhone before October, but don't think I want to camp out in super long lines. Do you all have a guess on availability a week after the launch? I am a neophyte to the whole pre order iPhone craze