Pre-Ordering I5 through ATT vs. Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aeh8497, Sep 13, 2012.

1. aeh8497 macrumors newbie

Wondering if someone can tell me if I should pre-order the iphone 5 through AT&T or Apple? Just want to make sure the phone gets to my house on the 21st. Also, in previous experience which website worked better during the pre-order process? It seems like Apple would be the more reliable choice, but you never know...

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

3. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

I've been wondering the same thing... Any benefit to using one over the other?

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'd feel more comfortable using Apple, but yeah, both will be getting hammered.

5. dcgore macrumors member

I'm going with the carrier's website. Less people hammering the servers, no VZ or Sprint people trying to order while at the same time. Most likely, as history serves, the apple site will crash for a few hours when pre-orders open.

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

I am on a business account so my only option is to order from VZW business page.

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I hear from people the best way to go about it is to order from Apple Store iOS app.

8. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Pre ordered both my 4 and 4s from Apple with no issues or problems. I know that some people that pre ordered through AT&T had their orders cancelled and such. Just seems safer going through Apple as they are fast to ship and I've had very good experiences pre ordering iPhones and iPads.

9. shutterbugnyc macrumors newbie

I seem to remember last year both sites were hammered. Keep in mind that even if you order from the Apple site, it still needs to access your AT&T eligibility information, so the traffic from Apple will have an effect.

10. aeh8497 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I have the iphone 3G (not even the 3gS.. lost my 4 in the spring) so using the ios app store is not an option for me, since my phone is deathly slow :( looks like I will be using the Apple online store, seems to be the most reliable about getting it to you on release day.