Pre-Ordering Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfletch7, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jfletch7 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am waiting for Wednesday to pre-order my iphone for Verizon. This would be my first time pre-ordering anything so I am wondering how to pre-order. Can I do it online? if so through verizon or apple? if not do i go to the apple store or verizon store? Help me please!!!!!

2. HeezyBear macrumors regular

There will a specified time that pre orders start and at that time you can place your order online through Verizon or Apple.

3. jfletch7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.
    The time will be announced with the reveal correct? and is there any guess to what time?

4. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

Just a guess. I'd say 2PM CST. Right after the announcement.. Just saying..

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Hi Newbie and welcome to the forum. Please aquaint yourself with the first few pages of posts and the search function before asking too many questions that have been answered many times over.

Thanks, and enjoy.

6. jfletch7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which site should i attempt to preorder verizon or apple? ive also heard there is an app which of the three would be most reliable

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you're just going to repeat the same question that has been answered many times over after I gave you some friendly advice, I'm just going to give you the same friendly advice again:

8. jfletch7 thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't have to take your advice. If you wanna be helpful point me in the right direction if not, then just ignore the post. I asked a simple question and if it has been answered so many times, show me where. Thanks, have a fantastic life.

9. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Ladies... play nice. If your going to have attitude like that no one will help you. I heard Google is pretty helpful. :D

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You're absolutely right; you can take every bit of my advice and...well...do whatever you please with it.

The hordes descending (or lack thereof) should be indicative of the validity of my posts towards you and it's representation of the masses' opinions.

Good day, Sir. :cool:

11. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'd say negative. The preorder for the 4s started at 12 midnight PST (3 EST) the Friday 2 days after the announcement. My guess is it will likely be another midnight start time to coincide with the start of a new business day and will let them take down their site for updated at a less disprutive time before starting preorders. As for which day--I'd guess either Thursday or Friday.

It was hard enough trying to preorder at 3 am EST so imagine the absolute chaos if they started preorders in the middle of the day.

12. MassTownie macrumors member

13. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

You'll want to pre-order from Apple, and NOT Verizon. Verizon's website is known for crashing way too easily when it gets slammed with orders. By pre-ordering with Apple, your order is way less likely to be rejected.

Here's everything you might want to know:

1) You cannot pre-order in-store. You can only pre-order online.

2) You can pre-order from apple.com, or verizonwireless.com. However, pre-ordering from apple.com is preferred, as it is less likely to reject your pre-order.

3) We should find out when pre-ordering will begin after the announcement on Wednesday. In the past, pre-ordering has started at 12 AM Pacific, which is 1 AM Mountain time, 2 AM Central time, and 3 AM on the east coast.

I hope I've answered your questions. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have. If I can't answer them, I'll also point you in the right direction to finding out. :)

14. jfletch7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! You are a very helpful individual.