Pre-Ordering??? Make Sure Your Bill Is NOT Past Due or you will be Denied a Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Oct 6, 2011.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2010
    Just some info for those members that may not know...... If you are a current customer of AT&T / Verizon (and I'm sure this is the same with Sprint) you will NOT be able to upgrade your phone during the Pre-Order Process tonight if your bill is marked in there system as "Past Due".

So if you are gonna pre-order tonight Make Sure your account is paid or doesn't not have any kind of past due bill.

This goes without saying but even if you have a bill due and say its due say Friday the 14th.... Your Fine .... It's only if you bill was due before today and your account is now in "Past Due" Status.

Most guys know this but just a reminder and for those who don't I hope this info helped.
  2. phaggard macrumors regular

Sep 28, 2007
    If my bill was past due I most likely wouldn't have the money to pay for the new phone.
  3. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2010
    You be surprised what some guys try and get away with.... heck I just read a post for a guy wanting to re-order the friggin phone but he has no money and doesn't get paid till next Thursday.

Some of these get desperate.

But for those guys wanting this phone and say may have a bill that wait to pay till they get paid on the 15th that say normally becomes past due on like the 5th.... they will need to pay now to get there pre-order.

I am in the same boat.... my billing cycle ends on the 16th and I get a bill on like the 20 something.... I pay mortgage and big bills on the First so I wait to my bill on the 15th of the next month and my bill is actually past due on the 5th and I pay it basically late 10 days every month.

So in this case as of yesterday it would have been past due.... but since I'm gonna pre-order I had to pay essentially early cause I normally wouldnt pay it till the 15th.

So if you want this bad boy....Make sure you are not Past Due.
  4. McPhallus macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2011
    Good thing I checked this thread.... as it turns out, my bill is due TODAY! :eek:

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2010
    Having money or not, have you ever forgot about a bill?
  6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

Feb 15, 2010
    Boston, MA
    i paid mine a few days ago haha it was past due.
  7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

Jun 23, 2007
    Guy in front of me in line last year was past due. When the Apple employee entered his account info to make purchase he was denied. Dude, was pissed beyond belief
  8. rkahl macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2010
    LOL, me too. I checked upgrade eligibility and was denied... Paid my bill and I'm ready to go.
  9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

Jul 2, 2009
    Responsible adults don't "forget" bills.
  10. rkahl macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2010
  11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Apr 18, 2010

Because of a billing error on their end my payment did not get posted correctly and I missed out on preordering a Verizon iPhone 4. I made sure everything is in order this time.
  12. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Jul 5, 2007
    Very nice of you to give people a heads up!:)

All the other righteous people who can do no wrong and could never have a late bill can pi$$ off!
  13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2009
    I remember once my bill was past due because I apparently accidentally sent a payment for a dollar less than the actual payment amount. I thankfully fixed that before any issues arose... But yea, my point is: **** happens