**Pre-orders return deadline **

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoloBond, Oct 13, 2012.

1. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I was just told by AT&T and Apple that the return deadline is today. So if you pre-order your phone on the 14, you have till today. :/

2. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

If true that's ridiculous. No one received their iPhone 5 until the 21st at the earliest.

3. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

I know... ATT told me that as soon my payment went through I was in a contract.

4. itjw macrumors 65816

Why is that ridiculous?

You've had 3 weeks to go over your phone with an electron microscope hoping to find imperfections. If you can't find any by now, future damage is your fault.

If you don't want it, return it.

Thank god people won't be able to open box after box using "ill return it if you don't" as a threat, and prevent people who aren't OCD from getting their phone. Most buyers are perfectly happy with their phones. Demand is double what it was for the 4S.

You have options. Return it or be happy.

Sheesh

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Because last we checked, 3 weeks does not equal 30 days.

6. itjw macrumors 65816

You bought it when you paid for it.

Why do you need more time? Need to waste more perfectly good phones trying for perfection?

Return it. I stand by my sheesh.

7. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

None of your business....

What about those that pre order on the 14 and got delayed by a week or 2 weeks?

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

So I guess people who preordered on the 14th and had to wait 2 weeks for delivery have 7 days to return it? Clearly makes sense now.

Edit: Lolo beat me to it.

9. dave420 macrumors 65816

I agree with most your comment, but this policy has some holes in it. AT&T recently reduced their return period to 14 days. So that means next year the 14 day return period will start when you order the phone, and you may only have it for a week. What if it is back ordered and takes more than 14 days to get to you?
    That still should be enough time to decide whether you like it or not. I'm the type of person who never returns anything anyway.

10. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

What an absurd stance. The consumer was given 30 days by AT&T to see how they like their new phone, until they recently changed their policy to 14 days. Losing a week of that time as you wait for your preorder to arrive is ludicrous. This has nothing to do with looking for flaws and everything to do with your overall feelings about your new phone. Despite what you might believe, how one feels about their iPhone 5 can change from day 23 to day 30.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Because at the time people ordered it, the return period was 30 days.

Also, counting the time from the pre-order rather than the date of receipt seems to be deceptive. What's next? Will Apple and AT&T accept pre-orders 15 days in advance next year so that no one can return it?

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Just contacted AT&T and apple. Both told me 30 days from the date you received your device.

Called my local apple and they confirmed its 30 days from the receive date, not preorder date.

13. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess it depends where you call. I was at the apple store today and also called AT&T and both confirmed 30 from sales order date. :/

14. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is my upgrade eligibility from AT&T.. Weird
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350153978.932728.jpg

15. itjw macrumors 65816

Absurd?

You really cannot determine if you want to keep a phone in a matter of a few days? If so, WHY NOT? You can say, "none of your business" and whatever other "absurd" retort you'd like, but the fact remains that a return policy for a device that will never be able to be sold as "NEW" again (if you return it) is pretty generous in the first place (regardless of how much time it is).

Ever bought shoes? You can try them on, wear them in the store, jump up and down... but once you leave the store, how often do they let you return them if they're worn?

And yes, most people are clinging to the return dates because of cosmetic "problems" and desire to swap to something else. If this purges that from the system, I am all for it.

If you are one of the FEW people who are in a coma or something for 29 days and need that 1 day out of the coma to evaluate the phone I apologize, but even a WEEK is plenty of time to decide if you want it or not.

If it's not, return it.

If you return it and regret doing so, buy another one.

You are not entitled to 30 days from the date you received the phone. It is 30 days from the date you PURCHASED it. If you purchased it on the 14th and didn't receive it until the 9th of the following month, guess what? You STILL have plenty of time to microscope it, bug all of your friends to scour it for defects, and charge it/battery test it MULTIPLE times.

There is literally no reason you need more than a handful of actual days with the device before you should not be able to return it.

Sowwy

16. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

Completely wrong, but your entitled to your opinion

17. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Like someone said, it's absolutely ABSURD because as you know 21 days is not 30. I like to procrastinate. And I can legally do it. 30 days is what they said.

Im IRRATE and fuming with AT&T right now.

----------

Legally a contract is a contract and 30 days is 30 days.

End of discussion.

18. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Seriously! Apple should just issue store credit instead of offering refunds! Bring back the restocking fee also!

19. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Nordstrom will let you do this. Just saying.

20. dave420 macrumors 65816

Then return it. What is the problem?

;)

21. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Do any of you have AT&T and are being hit with a $35.00 fee if you return the item? When i called they said that it was a restock fee, or they can ship me another phone. Not an iphone, and they would be happy to waive the fee, for a non iphone.

22. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Fortunately, I have had no issues, which require an exchange or return. I hope it is the same for the majority of people. If not, I trust that everyone gets the unit they wanted.

Regardless of what the deadline may or may not be, based on your previous post(s), you appear to be quite unhappy with your purchase decision. As such, why has it been such a task for you to return you device?

It must be terrible to be so indecisive. Good luck to you. ;)

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It's not ridiculous if you can read. It clearly states 30 days from the day it ships.

24. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Totally agree and unacceptable. Are you aware of this page to get your 30 days back? GO HERE.

----------

There is a correlation of these posters and how quickly they post the injustice though. We should be thankful for the information. Please note my link to get your 30 days back.

25. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Here is a question, why did AT&T change the terms of returns? Are they getting a high # of indecisive consumers? or consumers using the product until the very end of the return date to get a brand new one because of blemishes that have occurred during their ownership? or are the people who go through 4-5 phones starting to impact their revenue in terms of service cost, hardware cost in relation to serving different customers that are waiting for their new device? hmmmmm