Pre-paid Verizon iPad service, is the hotspot included?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CXK, Apr 1, 2012.

1. CXK macrumors newbie

Its a pretty sad time when I cannot get a straight answer from anyone at Verizon stores or their support line. I signed up for "post paid" service which is where you go to the store or call Verizon to get service. I was charged $35 activation fee and "store fees" which ended up running me $70 in fees alone for the first month. I found that if you sign up through the ipad's settings menu you can avoid fees. I called Verizon the next day and cancelled the service (not guaranteed to get my activation fee back without arguing with the store). I cant sign up for the "pre paid" service now because my Sim card is tied to my old account and cannot be changed, I need a new sim. I'm not going to bother with a new sim until I know if I can sign up on the iPad for pre paid service and still get the hotspot feature. I chose to ask here to hear from someone who actually has the service and can tell me from experience.

TLDR: If you sign up for Verizon Pre paid service (using the settings menu ON the iPad, not going to the store) do you still get access to the hotspot feature? Please answer only if you actually have the service and signed up as I described.

Thanks!

2. specialk0449 macrumors member

Yes the personal hotspot option is available on the prepaid plan. I have it enabled on my Verizon iPad.

3. CXK thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS! It was so annoying getting 10 different answers from Verizon stores and call centers.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

The Verizon stores (and Best Buy) are despicable.