Pre-sign for iPhone 5c delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trevorikrath, Sep 15, 2013.

1. trevorikrath macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with. I recently (just this morning actually) pre-ordered an iPhone 5c. Of course, it's due to be shipped to me on the 20th - a day I won't be around to sign for the package. Some fine print on Apple's online store leads me to believe that there's the option to pre-sign for the delivery, but I can't seem to find the link to do so. My order is still processing, so does anyone know if I simply just have to wait for the order to finish processing to be given the option to pre-sign? Worst case scenario I'll just wait around for the second delivery attempt on Saturday, but I was curious about this. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd be surprised if this were true. Usually it's based on the courier / delivery service's policy and most need 1 failed delivery attempt before they leave a note on your door that you can sign so that they can leave it there on the 2nd attempt the next day without giving it to an actual person.

3. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

When it finally ships and you get the tracking number, you'll see who is delivering it. Then just google for a presign or release form from whoever is shipping. Probably on their website. Just fill it out and tape it to your door.

4. fark macrumors regular

There's no need to Google anything. When it ships, there will be a link on the Apple site to print a pre-sign form. Fill it in and hang/tape it to your door.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

This. I do it every time.

6. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

7. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I did this for the 5 and the the driver placed a standard "missed you" note on the door and circled and underlined "signature required." It was an official release form and I signed a written note stating I consent the door drop releasing all liability. I work 12s in the ER so I am never available to sign. :/

8. duaneu macrumors 6502a

When Apple emails you your shipping confirmation, there will be a link right in the email to pre-sign for delivery. Just fill it out, print, and leave outside your door.

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

See my message above. Of course, that's just my personal experience and I'm sure it has to do with each driver's own preference. But I order so many things from the internet and he's always leaving stuff outside my door so I figured he'd be more trustworthy.