Pre-signing for iPhone delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilface, Sep 10, 2014.

1. lilface macrumors member

I know that your shipping and billing address need to be the same for these iPhone pre-orders, and I want to avoid any conflicts or issues by trying to change my order and changing the shipping address after its been placed.

I won't be home on the 19th and it's not guaranteed that anyone will be.

Does anyone know if you can pre-sign for your iPhone with UPS or FedEx? So they can still leave it and no one has to be physically there to sign for it?

Thanks!

2. Miao Ying, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

Miao Ying macrumors member

I've often worked around this issue by opting for them to hold the package at a nearby facility. FedEX offers this when they require a signature and I'm sure I won't be home, like while I'm at work. Once you get a tracking number you can go online with it a pick a location most of convenient for you to be held and just sign for it there at your convenience.

That said in the past I was also able to pre-sign for previous orders as well. Whatever works for you but I don't know if I'd want my package sitting at my front door for anyone passing by to freely grab.

3. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

How true is this?

I hear some people saying it, and some say NO it dont need to be the same. I need confirmation man.

It will decide whether I take the day off or not.

4. lilface thread starter macrumors member

Fortunately I live in an area where my house is far enough away from the street that no packages will be seen from passing cars :)

But I hope that works! I wasn't feeling the whole "pick up in store" option, I'd rather not spend my day waiting in line!

5. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

I know when I ordered my 5s through the online Apple store it had to ship to my address that AT&T had down for my billing address. Wouldn't let me change it.

6. techishi macrumors member

When you're logged in to the Apple Store on apple.com, I believe there is an option in your account settings to pre-sign for your packages.

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Enroll in UPS My Choice and FedEx Delivery Manager. I use both services often (never with an Apple delivery), they work really well.