[Predection] next iphone's main feature will be sharing. And name : iPhone Air

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bill304, Aug 12, 2012.

1. bill304 macrumors newbie

As you know, there is lots of rumor about that the new iphone will have NFC, WiFi Direct, LTE. And that ipod nano will have bluetooth 4.0.

And the main theme of iOS 6 and Mountain Lion was sharing and sync features such as Shared Photo stream.

Funny thing is that these are all concerned with sharing ability and network connection. So I think that the new iphone’s main features are all about wireless and sharing.

Here’s are some examples.

1. upgraded iCloud that can share everything : This is the most essential part.

2. Airport Deck

: This will be the most noticeable feature. KInd of advanced version of Airdrop. This is a metallic drawer that can be opened by swiping the right side of the phone. Users can drag and drop anything such as music, video, image, bookmark, free apps, keynote and so on. Literally everything. Then when the user press send button or swipe up, everything you put on the airport deck will be sent to other idevices or mac instantly by using wifi direct, bluetooth 4.0, or LTE.

You can open your airport deck anywhere, anytime and of course, you can send things later.

3. Air Sync.

: This will become an huge advantage if the next iphone, next mac, next ipod touch, ipod nano and next ipad carry NFC and bluetooth 4.0.

Air sync is a feature that can sync your idevice and mac by using NFC and Bluetooth 4.0. Wireless and much much faster than icloud back up.

UI is simple.

Just put your idevice side by side. Let’s say that I have an iphone on my left hand and an ipad on my right hand. And if want to send some music to my ipad, I can just send it by turning on the music app on my iphone, select some music, then swipe it to the direction where my ipad stands. Simple! isn’t it?

If you want to sync the whole lot of them, just press the sync button which will be on your music app or your video app.

This will acclerate the Post PC.

4. Air Control

: Actually this isn’t my idea, This is actually apple’s patent.

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...etails-iphone-nfc-apps-for-tv-games-more.html

You could use your iphone as a remote control of your apple TV or an game controller, magic trackpad for your mac.

Some example : If you want to play ‘real racing’ on your mac, the iphone will become an steering wheel that use Gyro Sensor, and your iphone’s display will show an accelerator and break. If you want to play Infinity Blade on your mac, you can use your iphone as some kind of real sword. (Pretty much like Kinect or Wii)

5. Air play advanced

: An upgrade version of Airplay.

Now you can watch the same thing on your ipad, iphone, ipod touch. If you swipe things on your iphone, the same thing will happen on your other idevices. Also you could use your idevice as Dual Screen.

6. iWallet

: Advanced version of Passbook. This is kind of apple version google wallet.
    However, it can carry coupon, boarding pass, passport, credit card, driving licence.

Worried about security? Well don’t worry. Apple will use Authentec’s chip that can detect fingerprint. If the unauthorized fingerprint touch the screen 5 times in a row, the iphone will be locked, erase all your imformation, and send an alarm to nearby police, and credit card company.

7. Face Chat

: Advanced version of Facetime. Now you can talk with your friend (Maximum 6 people) face to face and chat with them like you are chatting in a real life.

And the fun doesn’t ends here.

You can use your airport deck while talking to your friend. When you want to send notes, picture, apps and so on, just open up the airport deck, then drag and drop the content on your friend’s face. Your friend will see it instantly.

AT&T won't like this.

8. Game center Online

: Have you ever wanted to play more advanced online game on your iphone like League of Legend, WOW, Starcraft and Diablo? Well, this is for you.

First, the invitation feature.

If I urge my friend to access game and if my friend accept it, the online game on my friend’s iphone will run and my friend’s character (or avatar) will be transferred near my character.

Second, item sender.

If I want to send an item (in-app purchased or not) to my friend as a gift, I can sent it just by openning up my airport deck and drag & drop my item, then send it.

Third, Siri integrated games.

Now you can Siri to chat with your friend while you are playing games. And also you can control games by using Siri.

9. Genius Push

Actually I want this feature to be on iOS 6 or iOS 7 so that everyone can use it.

This feature can send notification to you that you’ll like. This is based on Genius bar on itunes and Genius Section on App store.

For example, if I like FPS, then the appstore will send me a notification when there is new FPS game comes up. This will help not only users but also newbie app developers.

This is my imagination about the next generation iphone.

Now come to think of it, almost every feature uses to word ‘Air’. That’s why I’ll call the next generation iphone, [iPhone Air]

And the catchprase is...

Light as air, Thin as air, Fast as air, Do it all on ‘AIR’.

2. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

IPhone air is a mouthful. I do like the ideas though. Especially the "AirPort Deck" one. But if they keep the 5GB thing in iCloud, the whole thing won't work. They should at least give you as much space as your first iPhone has. So if I buy a 32GB iPhone "Air" I get 32GB free default on my iCloud. I can upgrade from there, so if I buy my grandma a 16GB iPhone "Air" and she wants to use iCloud and its new features, I can simply buy 16 more gigabytes on my iCloud and I won't have to worry about her going over.

The only flaw I see is Face Chat. They really have something with FaceTime. It just flows off the tongue so well. Face Chat is not as nice, and with the name of the Mac's cameras now being "FaceTime camera" I doubt things will change. They can still update it, just keep the name.

3. bill304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Umm... How about just adding a facetime conference mode?

4. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

I think the only changes to FaceTime this time round will be the addition of HD.

5. bill304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, if that's right, quite diappointing actually.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd love all this, sadly don't think we'll see any of it though :(

7. Anlino macrumors member

The next iPhone will probably make the iPad move and simply be called "iPhone", and in technical situations "iPhone 7th generation". It doesn't make sense to keep adding digits to the name when there's going to be a new one every year.

8. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

7th? Think you mean 6th ;)

10. bill304 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, who knows?

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

12. animatedude macrumors 65816

cool idea cool name but too risky now the iPhone is mainstream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

We will see exactly none of this on the next iPhone. Place your bets.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

iPhone air. Lol. OP has too much time on his hands.