Pregnant and locked up Re: Fetal Protection Law

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rhett7660, Oct 24, 2013.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yes, let's throw pregnant women into jail rather than providing them affordable health care. Let's violate the every medical principle by 'treating' them against their will. What's next? Forced sterilization?

Unbelievable....

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So they take a perfectly capable, sane woman, trying her best to do the responsible thing by combating a drug dependency of her own volition, charge her with violating an overly vague law based upon the most circumstantial of evidence, lock her up without due process, refuse her representation, then force her onto expensive medications she can't possibly afford because she lacks any form of healthcare coverage?

I guess when the state refuses to see women as human beings, rather future voter incubators, it's a perfectly legitimate way to treat people. Personal responsibility seems to be within the domain of government affairs these days, and will apparently be enforced to the fullest extent of the law.

Yeah. Stories like this scare me.

5. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

You and me both!!!!!!

6. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

Some people just need some sense knocked into them. Everyone in that entire process some sense.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Since a fetus has more rights than the mother, how about they charge a new born with manslaughter if the mother dies giving birth. Lets ask the Census bureau to count a fetus into the American population. :rolleyes:

What kills me is so many Pro Life people claim to protect and make sure a fetus is born by any means using religion as their excuse, but are ok with those who play God by artificially choosing the sex and other gene traits.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Which religious people choose the sex of their babies?

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I seen some interview on TV couple days ago about people from all over the world traveling to places where it's legal to choose the sex. Two couples were Christian and Pro Life. I'll try to find a link.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Pregnant and w.out insurance is expensive. She should have requested some type of aid.

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Just wait till the government has all your records, cant foresee any possible issues there! D'oh!!

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

So you are making a thesis statement based upon a story about one couple?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

They already do...

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Perfect example of why America is going to hell in a handbag. The only "first-world" country on the planet where people actively try to deny other people healthcare and think the best course of action is to lock people up rather than get them treatment to make them better.

The bottom line is this country is ****ed up beyond repair.

15. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Not beyond repair... but definitely needing repair. Certainly we should stop romanticizing a US past that never was, the one that stresses 'traditional' personal independence and responsibility over neighborliness and compassion.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The story wasn't about one couple.

But that's besides the point. What about those who are religious and go to sperm banks and choose options as in hair and eye color, GPA of donor and etc?

IMO ....... Those who believe you can't play God and put an end to a progress of life creation, they should also believe that you should take what's naturally given and not try to manipulate creation.