Premiere Pro CS5 crashing on late '09 MB - am I alone?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by glossywhite, Jul 5, 2010.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Hi all!. I have a late 2009 MacBook with the stock (2Gb) ram and 250Gb hdd etc... but I don't see the relevance of this, although I thought it better to include specs anyhow.

I have lost an hours worth of work, TWICE today, due to Premiere Pro CS5 deciding to beachball on me, even when my autosave period is set to 2 mins :confused:.

Is this a widespread issue? I have the very latest Snow Leopard & CS5 updates, but it seems to happen when I am doing motion keyframing; specifically when I am moving the position of a large still image between two keyframe points.

So much for autosave - it saved NOTHING - I just end up with an empty project.

Am I missing something here, or being incredibly stupid?...

Thanks guys - hope someone can shed some light on this.

2. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

3. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Your system specs DO have extreme relevance, and I suspect your MacBook is simply not up to the task.

Here's an article you might find interesting. CS5 requires some significant power.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2954857#2954857

4. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I seem to have fixed it. I partitioned my drive, and installed 10.6.3 fresh on the 2nd partition, and all is well. Saying that a current gen Mac is not up to it, is simply ridiculous - read the SYSREQS on adobe.com!.

5. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I did read the requirements. 2gig min (4gig recommended) RAM for one thing, which you barely meet.

Nonetheless, I'm extremely happy to hear it works fine on your system! That is good news for all kinds of people on laptops.

Also, I'm sorry that I contributed nothing to the solution to your problem.