Preorder on AT&T website?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TallGuy1970, Sep 13, 2012.

1. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4 was my first iPhone, and I bought it several weeks after the initial release date. I would like to preorder the iPhone 5. I know I can do that at the Apple site, but can I also preorder a phone on the AT&T website?

I have been looking and haven't found that information yet. I appreciate any answers you can give me.

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Yes you may.

I've pre-ordered with AT&T each & every year. Last year my phone arrived one day early, before release day.

Sent "Next Day before 10:30am" via FedEx, I cannot say enough good things about the twelve trouble free years I've enjoyed using AT&T.

3. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

This is what I don't see enough of. My family has been on AT&T since the Cingular days and I've broken off on my own plan about 3 years ago. Never had any issues with them. I'm probably going to have both sites up at the same time to preorder so whichever goes first gets my preorder. Glad to hear you had a smooth experience with an AT&T preorder.

4. paulink macrumors member

Is at&t going to start pre-orders at the same time? They are going to be my backup plan.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Not sure. AT&T's website just says coming soon and you can sign up for alerts or emails regarding updates.

6. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

i just chatted with someone on at&t website, they told me they do not know what time but she said that its usually not right at midnight...i remember ordering mine last year around midnight...why arent they being more clear with us...:mad:

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Hoping to cause confusion so everyone doesn't load the servers at the same time?

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have been ordering all my Apple products, laptops, and such, via Apple.com store.

The ONLY exception is iPhones, and here's why.

If you have any problem with activation or the sim that was installed in the new phone, only your carrier can assist.

If you order from AT&T with your account in good standing, they send you the phone with sim, via FedEx next day by 10:30am.

Upon opening the box you simply call one automated number, you don't even have to wait or speak to a person, it simply takes the call, activates the phone and you are up and running. Smooth, fast, and trouble free.

Each year my AT&T iPhone arrives the morning of launch day or the day before as it did last year.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

Have you ever bought the phone commitment free? I'd prefer that, as I want to be able to request an unlock right away. I'm off contract, and don't want to restart a 2 year clock, plus I occasionally travel overseas and like using local SIM cards.

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Only about 40% of the smartphones I own are bought in the USA via Carriers.

The majority of the phones I buy are all unlocked and sim free. Sourced from a good friend who is a major distributor in Hong Kong, I can obtain just about any phone no matter what domestic market or country it comes from.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

To clarify, my question is whether you have ever ordered the iPhone contract free from AT&T's site as a pre-order.

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

So at what time does the preorder start for at&t ? :(

13. jargon51 macrumors 6502

From another thread:

"AT&T's iPhone 5 pre-sales will begin just after midnight tonight - 12:01 a.m. pacific time." https://twitter.com/sethbloom

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

this is wrong info

it's tomorrow at 9am est

15. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Where is this information coming from and how would it be that AT&T gets in on the party last? Also Seth Bloom seems to be Blogger relations for AT&T...why would he give out false information?

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1916

16. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i'm not ordering through at&t and i don't want to give anyone wrong info but i have heard locally from several different at&t associates that theres does not start at midnight like apple

17. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Where did you get that info? I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep who said midnight PDT is when pre orders start online for delivery.

18. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Still doesn't make much sense that they would allow themselves to lose out like that and that a person associated and responsible for getting the word out to the masses for AT&T would put forth false information.

Highly doubt it.

19. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

there is not a time listed on their website but then again apple is not listing a time nor have they officially confirmed 12:01 either.

however after making a call to customer service they will tell you in fact it's tomorrow at 9am est..wish someone else would call to verify

----------

if you really just did make a phone call i stand corrected and was giving wrong info. again i am buying through apple but don't want anyone to get mislead

20. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

What I want to clarify is when preorders deliver

21. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Someone already did...look to the above post and also check out the guy Seth Bloom. I posted a link to his twitter feed then did a search on him. He is legit AT&T on their web site.

----------

The 21st

22. dylanlive macrumors member

23. macaddict06 macrumors regular

Info for Preorder

Hi All,

First time preorderer but long time Apple user.

Planning on ordering the iP5 through ATT tonight, but wanted to know what information I need (i'm on a family plan and I don't think my pops would enjoy being woken up at 2am) in order to place the order. I called the local Apple Retail but the snot who answered didn't know anything.

I'm assuming I need the account number and the telephone number. Anything else? Also, is there a way to check if there is a passcode/PIN associated with the account (aside from the last 4 of the account owner)?

Thanks all! Looking forward to this.

Macaddict

24. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I just called. I got a stupid representative. What time iPhone pre orders start ? "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 6am you can order sir" lol whatever!