Preordered w/ ATT, found out they had stock today as late as 3pm (story)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonfarr, Sep 21, 2012.

1. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

So, to start, we run a family business and have a business account with ATT. So I can only order from them and we werent set up for the online services. So I went to my local ATT store at 9am last firday to preorder 5 64GB iPhones. This was 9am pacific, right when they opened, and they told us right away our orders wouldnt be in for 14-21 days, i figured what ever. I could wait.

All week, no updates from shipping. Nothing happened. I called my ATT store today at around 2pm local and asked if they were sold out, the guy said they were of every model but one, 64GB White. This was the model 4/5 of our preorders were for. Said they had a handful in stock.

I got there and they canceled my preorder and hooked me up with 5 iPhones, no waiting, no hassle. Apparently nobody wanted 64GB White. Everybody that came in while I was there were expecting to get a iPhone, and when they found out it was the White 64GB declined. So, kinda surprising.

If any of you wanted the White 64GB that hasnt got theirs yet, I would call your local store. There is hope.

Anyone else have a similar story?

2. Juicy111 macrumors member

Pre-ordered my iphone 5 ( 32gb black ) 9/15, late i know.

Called today out of curiosity , they have all the models except the 32gb black version. What would ya know! I would have gone and maybe got the white verison, but their was lots of people about to buy some more they said.

This was around 6 pm.

3. iosuser macrumors 6502a

At 12PM I was at Willowbrook NJ Apple store. They had every model available except white 16GB AT&T.

Just had dinner at another mall. The girl standing outside with her tray still full of tickets. I asked her what she had for AT&T, all there is is 64GB in white, same as what you experienced at the AT&T store.

4. jonfarr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I find it crazy that places like ATT have all these preorders that weren't filled, yet have all the extra in store stock. I kinda think if you preorder AT a physical store for your carrier, you should be preordering the inventory they receive. That makes much more sense to me.

5. Whobarra macrumors member

didn't check stock at 3pm but around 10am I swung by the At&T store looking for case for my delivered 5 and asked if they had any seemed like the whites just have not been selling there was no line nothing, it was one of the bigger locations and they had white 16's in stock didn't ask about bigger memory but if they had that I'm guessing they have the others... in white