Preordering an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Aug 16, 2012.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

What information do I need to preorder an iPhone for an upgrade on my line (I'm on a family plan)? Will I need my SSN or the main account holders SSN? What other info will I need. Also, when I preorder an iPhone from the Apple online store, is 1-day shipping an option?

I'm planning on preordering the next iPhone at 12:01am right when they're available for preorder lol so I want to have any and all info available when the time comes. :)

Thanks!

2. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Just looked on Apple's online store for what you need to upgrade to a 4S and it appears you need the account holders last four digits of their SSN, your mobile number, the billing password, and billing zip code.

Is that really all you need? I thought there was more.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you tried calling them or your carrier?

4. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

That sounds about right...

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

You'd think you'd be signing your life away when you purchase an Apple product.:D

6. leoneedees macrumors member

Pretty much all you need right there, well along with a credit card or some form of accepted payment. It's a fairly straight forward process.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Try logging on to your account today.

I have ATT and it requires my password to log into my account and order something.

8. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I meant when preordering/upgrading via the Apple online store, not through my carriers website. My CC info is already on file on my Apple ID so I don't have to input any payment methods since that's already there.

So, what about the shipping? Is that predefined, or is 1-day shipping an option for preorders via the Apple online store?

I should've posted that I was wondering all of this based on preordering through the Apple online store, not through my carriers website.