Preordering an iPhone...

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
What information do I need to preorder an iPhone for an upgrade on my line (I'm on a family plan)? Will I need my SSN or the main account holders SSN? What other info will I need. Also, when I preorder an iPhone from the Apple online store, is 1-day shipping an option?

I'm planning on preordering the next iPhone at 12:01am right when they're available for preorder lol so I want to have any and all info available when the time comes. :)

Thanks!

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Just looked on Apple's online store for what you need to upgrade to a 4S and it appears you need the account holders last four digits of their SSN, your mobile number, the billing password, and billing zip code.

Is that really all you need? I thought there was more.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Just looked on Apple's online store for what you need to upgrade to a 4S and it appears you need the account holders last four digits of their SSN, your mobile number, the billing password, and billing zip code.

Have you tried calling them or your carrier?

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO

That sounds about right...

leoneedees

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012

Pretty much all you need right there, well along with a credit card or some form of accepted payment. It's a fairly straight forward process.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Try logging on to your account today.

I have ATT and it requires my password to log into my account and order something.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Try logging on to your account today.

I have ATT and it requires my password to log into my account and order something.
Well I meant when preordering/upgrading via the Apple online store, not through my carriers website. My CC info is already on file on my Apple ID so I don't have to input any payment methods since that's already there.

So, what about the shipping? Is that predefined, or is 1-day shipping an option for preorders via the Apple online store?

I should've posted that I was wondering all of this based on preordering through the Apple online store, not through my carriers website.