Preordering Completely unsubsidized tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffzoom91, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jeffzoom91 macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

I really can't extend my contract right now, and I want to purchase the phone (albeit with the AT&T lock) for the full, unsubsidized price.

Do you think I can pull this off tonight? Or is it going to be only upgrades and early upgrades tonight?

I have already sold my 4S and my old 3GS is very slow and I can't spend a month with it.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

3. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I am in the same boat but for Verizon.

I have unlimited data right now with my 4S. Can I buy at FULL RETAIL and still keep my unlimited data?

A lot of people are saying that you will be forced out of unlimited either way with Verizon?

4. phillypharm macrumors regular

You'll be fine. Verizon even has a FAQ that says you can keep unlimited by buying full price. Plus you don't pay the stupid $30 upgrade fee.

5. danielveeee macrumors regular

Earlier today I checked my eligibility, I'm in the same boat as you wanting to buy full price with AT&T, and when I checked on apple.com it showed the iPhone 5 as an option for $649...

I just checked again and it only shows the 4S for $649, with no option of the iPhone 5.

I'm starting to think we won't be able to order it tonight

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Link to the FAQ? I can't find it, I need this info for a friend.

7. jeffzoom91 thread starter macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

I'm also slightly worried because of my corporate discount with AT&T if that will cause issues. Technically I shouldn't have to pay upgrade or activation fees.

However, I put my SIM in the adapter and put it back in the 3GS....the sim reader is trashed.

Guys I have to use an EDGE Blackberry for a week. A WEEK.

8. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 isn't showing up under eligibility check for me anymore! AHH worried now.

9. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I heard they ran out already. ;)

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I did this last year and the phone was actually unlocked. Sold and was able to make the money back..

11. jeffzoom91 thread starter macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

Really? That would be fantastic.

12. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

It isn't showing up for me either now. It was yesterday and most of today. Just giving me the option to order the 4S for $649.

I don't see why apple wouldn't let us pre-order the phone full price.

13. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Ditto on the 5 not showing up... But it's showing the 4S, 4, and 3GS... I think that's just a glitch in the system because the prices being displayed are for last year (or are correct for 5, 4S, and 4). Not going to worry too much about that.

14. amyangel macrumors member

15. famerdave macrumors member

You can still purchase off-contract right? Just not Unlocked? I want it off-contracted.

16. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I am doing the same thing you are all doing. We should have no problems buying the new iPhone for the full retail price. We are technically still buying it under contract, or at least I am, it's just we don't get special pricing. Now I am fairly certain we can't buy the unlocked iPhone 5 preorder.

17. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I wonder if we can upgrade through AT&T customer care full retail. Think they'll be open?