Preordering from Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheLoneWolf527, Sep 8, 2014.

1. TheLoneWolf527 macrumors newbie

So to make a long story short, if the iPhone 6 can be pre-ordered, I know I'm going to want to do that through Verizon. However, I've never actually upgraded my phone online (only doing it in person and not with phones immediately after they came out) so I have a few questions.

1. Simple question, can anyone who has pre-ordered an iPhone from Verizon in the past tell me their experiences? Was it simple to do? How long did preorders last? Etc.

2. Do I need to be the account holder in order to preorder? I'm on a family plan at the moment so I'm not the account holder so knowing this in advance would make things a lot easier.

3. Can I pre-order using my upgrade? I want to only spend $300-400 on this and have been due for an upgrade for a few months now, but don't know how this works for ordering online.

If I have any other questions later I'll be sure to post them, but for now that's what I'm most curious about. Thanks in advance.

2. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

1. The preorder sites can get slammed when they open up so you might have to constantly be reloading the page. You might have less than half an hour before it says your new phone will ship in the coming weeks. So hurry.

2. You need to either be the account holder, have the account holder's information, or be an authorized user. I always just prefer to use the main account holer's info to make sure there aren't any holdups throughout the process.

3. Yes, you can order using your upgrade. The system will pull up all the information.

If this year is anything like last year, there will be no preorders so we'll just have to see.

3. Jwowbman macrumors member

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5, 2 years back and I did it all online. There was something that got messed up over the phone so I called in and waited like 20-30min on hold but I still got my iPhone 5 at my house on release day! I to add.... I was up late as hell at night because the pre-orders start at 12am PST and I was in CST so I set my alarm to wake me up before 2am and made sure I ordered it ASAP! During the following day there were numerous reports of shortages and orders that would take weeks and weeks after the release date but that's only because they waited! Hope that helps. If they do pre-orders again I going to be on the phone as soon as orders start....if not I'll be in line at Verizon/Best Buy....

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Make sure credit card billing address matches shipping address as well.

Also, make sure you get your order 100% correct! as any changes result in big mishaps and your order getting sent to the back of the que.

5. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

second part is false if you're an authorized user you can go into store and over the phone to pre order but you can't pre order online without the main account holder info,on the apple website you need the last 4 digit of account owner social security number to place the order,so if i were you id get the account owners info

6. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Thanks for the correction! I concur.

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Preordering from Verizon

I'm going to be trying this except I'm going to be trying to sign up for two different single line plans from scratch and get an iphone for each of them.

I've already been through the checkout process online a few times just to make sure I know what to type in for every single field and how to get to the end quickly. I figure as long as I start right away and the site is running smoothly, I can get to the end in 2 or 3 minutes. So hopefully they don't sell out in the first 10 minutes or so.

I'll have two web browsers open to try and do them both simultaneously. I'm ready for the challenge.

As you can see, I have a problem.

8. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

i think once it's in your cart you're good to go.

9. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

That would be ideal.

10. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Don't count on it running smoothly. Your best bet is to get online early and order right away as fast as you can.

Also be prepared to order from etither Apple or Verizon, site. Depending on which one handles the load better.

There where pre-orders last year, but that was only on the 5c. I don't think that will be the case this year.

11. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Preordering from Verizon

Apple.com doesn't allow signing up for new single line plans. They only support Share everything, so it's strictly Verizon.com for me unfortunately. Bummer because I'm sure apple's stock will be much much larger.

Otherwise, it'll be an early morning at the Verizon store for me on the 19th.

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Apple stock may be larger, but far more people go there for orders. Not sure about last year, but 2 years ago Apple.com actually started running out of colors/storage options sooner than the carrier sites did.

13. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

That's refreshing to hear as well.

14. TheLoneWolf527 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, can I pre-order and upgrade if I'm the account MANAGER but not the holder?

Also, do I have to go through the "Upgrade" section to get to the phone, or can I just go to the normal shop page?

15. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

nope you can not unless you do it on the phone or in the store.the account manager can't pre order online i've tried it and it didn't work you would need to login to account owners account to do any online order or have there ss to do an apple upgrade

if you don't believe me just login and try to buy a 5s as an account manager you'll get some error about not owner etc

16. TheLoneWolf527 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well either way, will I have to go through the upgrade section in order to pre-order or will I be able to just find the phone in the regular shop section and order it that way? Just making sure ahead of time

17. Xerotech macrumors 6502

1. Go online and order. Unlike most other carriers, I've ordered the day after a pre-order launch at around 4PM and received it 'launch day.' Done this with the 5S, my 5 was done exactly at midnight. Verizon is pretty good at getting things on time. I've never tried ordering directly through Apple, I heard it's quite tough.

2. Nope, as long as you have the My Verizon information you are free to order.

3. Yup, I've used an upgrade everytime I've done it.

18. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

Not sure about that to be honest im sure it'll be plastered all on the main page once apple announces tomorrow.