Preordering with Verizon Edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by batting1000, Sep 10, 2014.

1. batting1000 macrumors 604

Quick question...

Will I be able to preorder the iPhone 6 online (on either Verizon's site or Apple's site) if I'm currently on the Verizon Edge plan, or will I have to go to the store on launch day?

I'm currently at 25% paid on my Edge payments (you need at least 50% paid off to upgrade) and planned on paying the 25% left and upgrading. Wasn't sure if this was possible to do when preordering. Also, I assume I'd have to somehow send my current device back to Verizon...

Thanks.

2. ben123456 macrumors regular

3. ashenfang macrumors member

Yes. I just confirmed this with Verizon a few minutes ago. I have 9 lines on my account, all of them on edge in various "percent paid off". I asked if I could pre-order via Verizon Wireless online and use the edge program. I would pay the remaining balance at order time. She said correct. However, this can only be done via Verizon Wireless......not through Apple.

Of course - what they "say" and what happens could be two different things :/

I don't see why it will be an issue. If I go online right now and click "edge up" (on a phone I just edged three months ago), it will allow me to select a new device and when I click check out, it will ask for payment on the balance needed to bring it below the required amount for edging up. I presume that on a pre-order, this will work the same.