Preorders for the 5. Do we have a date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drakestan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. drakestan macrumors regular

Is Sept. 12th as the date for the event + preorders pretty much solidified? I know in previous years it's been about two days and all the evidence we have is that it will be on the same day. Does anyone have evidence to suggest otherwise (other than just guessing the 14th)? Obviously, no one can know for sure but what does the speculation lead to?

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Speculation still leads to a 12th annoucement/pre-order date and 21st launch, as it has done for the last month or so.

3. drakestan thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I'm hoping. I took off work for the 12th :cool:

4. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Announcement is CONFIRMED for the 12th.

Pre-orders will likely 2-3 days later....

But it usually happens at like midnight (pacific time). So no reason to take a day off for the pre-order.

Delivery on the 21st. (Not confirmed, but VERY likely.)

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There was one report from iMore that has proven correct thus far, so I have reason to doubt the rest of their claims (yet). :)

6. drakestan thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds good. I like it better than a few days later and at midnight (I'm not trying to deal with broken websites at that time haha)

7. Kelly682 macrumors regular

If this keynote goes like the past iPad keynote, I'm assuming pre-order will be the same day, I hope.

I didn't schedule that day off of work. Was going to leave early, but from the past, the apple website was a PITA to work with during that first half hour. It was up, down, under maintence. Since i'm on the east coast, and I get out of work at 3:00 anyway, I figure I waste that first half an hour getting home, and then spend my afternoon/evening trying to pre-order. :D

8. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Anyone know when pre-orders have historically started in the UK? As in time of the day.

9. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

My next check isn't until the 14th haha. Oh well.

I am hoping to buy an unlocked version and they tend to be released later.

10. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Pre-order usually the same day as the announcement or a few days later, I don't really remember. 21st for the release date. If you pre-order online, you usually receive it a day or two earlier, plus you get to avoid those crazy lines.

11. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

They've actually kinda fixed that. Preorders usually get it the day it goes on sale. A couple may slip through and get there early, but generally it's on release day.

we're all speculating, but it'll most likely be on the day of the keynote for preorders, if they continue like the iPad that is.