Preorders left anywhere?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfrancis04, Sep 15, 2012.

1. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Anybody out there know of a retailer still doing preorders? Long story, but I thought I had a phone secured and then the store said they were only getting 10 instead of the 50-100 they were expecting. SMH.

Knew I should have just preordered with Apple.

2. RxMac macrumors 6502

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I think at this point you're sol. May be able to hit some of the box stores that sell it but not sure what kind of pre-order they may be running. Worth a shot though.

4. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. Thing is...I did it to help a friend out. That's what I get for trying to be a good pal.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

That can't be true. A store wouldn't take preorders knowing they're only getting a certain, limited stock. That doesn't even make sense.

And yes, you can still preorder with apple, VZW, and AT&T. You just wont get it until 2-4 weeks.

6. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for offering a legit suggestion.

So all the stores that do preorders (Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, etc...), do they set any aside for launch day? Like the people who wait in line?

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

yes - supply in the past has been limited at all retails stores (except for apple stores)

8. Cingular macrumors regular

Try RadioShack, people have had luck preordering their.

9. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wasn't an "official" preorder. Have a friend who works for an AT&T partner. Said he'd buy it and I could pay him back (he gets commission).

Then when they found out they were only getting 10, they implemented a policy saying employees couldn't buy or hold any back. I lose.

10. fastblack macrumors regular

Your only chance is to show up at an apple store on Friday around 4-5 am. I've done it for the past few iPhones but decided to pre order this time do I can sleep.

It was somewhat entertaining to go to the store with all the other iPhone fans. A few people always spend the night. And they give you water and snacks.

11. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Let me guess, Radio Shack?

12. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha. Nice. Should I call ahead to see how many they'll have available?

13. fastblack macrumors regular

They don't release that info. You just have to go. They had a few hundred at least though