preorders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Afbar1114, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

can you preorder and pick up in store the same day? I have never pre ordered a phone before nor waited until a launch day so i am just trying to see whats going on here.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

My magic 8-ball says: No

p.s. if you are talking about the 5S then there aren't any pre-orders unless you are in China.

3. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok i was asking because like i said i have never done this before so i was un sure. a nice simple no would have sufficed.

4. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Ok...no

5. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Not completely true. I started a tread myself about the reservation list (pre-order as called by Target).

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1636084

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've answered this question twice today, its been asked many times.

A simple search would have sufficed.

7. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

The MacRumors userbase are such a happy people :)

You might be able to choose store pickup when the orders open on Friday but the odds are very slim. They usually don't open that option until after the device has been out for a decent amount of time. Otherwise, no, unless you go through stores like RadioShack or Target where they might hold one for you.

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

9. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

Jealous you didn't do it first?
    That thread is right on topic; nothing wrong with sharing it.

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Jealous that I didn't start a thread? yeah, ok

11. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Just sharing some information.

12. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

Why are you being so unnecessarily rude? :rolleyes:

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

How is that rude? :confused:

14. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Oh I saw your thread and like the idea but I dont think its a good idea for most people.

It's basically Target trying to draw customers in with no real guarantee of them getting a phone. If anything I'd assume most who count on Target will be SOL on launch day. I expect Target to get a tiny amoubt of iPhone 5s for launch day compared to Att, Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, an of course... Apple retail stores.

15. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

You honestly have to ask? :eek:

16. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Well said. Happens every year when new iPhones release. People depend on what a store tells them and they end up getting left high and dry on release day.

----------

Yes, I do.:confused:

17. Spacial macrumors 6502

You may be quite surprised at how many phones Target has to sell on release day. It's well known that Apple is eager to sell as many phones to their vendors as possible. Always keen for bragging rights over how many they sell in the first few days, Apple won't short any reseller. You may not like Target, but they have extremely high customer satisfaction scores.

18. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Apple will keep for Apple stores first and foremost. Don't think I poster has an issue with Target, just saying most Target stores will have limited stock on release day.

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

This has been true in the past. I only trust Apple and the carriers on launch day.

20. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am just trying to figure out the best way to get this. if i order online/app store app how long does shipping take?

21. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Sure...that is why you have to get on the list early. This will work at all the retail stores that let you reserve a phone.

Just one way to avoid the lines (maybe)

----------

That is his 'MO'. I looked at his posts and he did the same thing last year too.

22. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Just trying to share information like you are. If you trust Target, that is fine. You should have nothing to worry about come Friday. Good luck and I hope you get your phone on Friday.

I have been on this board for a while and each year people post new ways they were able to get the newest phone with little effort. I watch on release day as the same posters scramble because the store didn't come through. RadioShack from a few years ago is a prime example(I actually had two friends wait three plus weeks past the release date for an iPhone after being told "you guys are numbers one and two on our wait list and will get an iphone on release day"). If you are ok with the possibility that you might not get on release day, you should be good than. I am always leery of any store besides Apple. Thats just me.

As for this being my "Mo", I am direct and speak my mind. If it offends you, I am sorry, but its only typed words on a message board.