Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Is it possible to buy the new iPhone and pay monthly portion for it ? Like if it's $600 can you pay $50 monthly for a year to pay off the iPhone and the good news is to be able to get the iPhone as prepaid plan too
I don't know how it works with prepaid iPhone.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
From what I understand, pre-paid (pay-as-you-go in the UK) prices are the same as sim free prices, because you're under no obligation to give the network anymore money once you have the phone.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
If u have to finance a phone and spread payments over 12 months just afford it. Please get your priorities and finances in order. An iPhone isn't a necessary.

Surrylic

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
If u have to finance a phone and spread payments over 12 months just afford it. Please get your priorities and finances in order. An iPhone isn't a necessary.

This. If you can't afford to buy an iPhone outright then you need get your priorities in order and not purchase an iPhone. There are far more important things to spend money on. If you're in high school and only working off of a weekly allowance... well then that would make more sense, and I guess it's ok, but a really really bad habit to get into.

No phone company is going to loan you money to pay off your iPhone, but (don't do this) that's what credit cards are for. And a prepaid month-to-month cell plan is what I do. $45 a month for unlimited everything from Straight Talk. That's a financially good decision.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
There's no guarantee that there will be a factory unlocked version available on launch. You'll have to wait and see.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
if you really wanted to pay monthly you could get a best buy credit card. they have 12 months no interest on purchases over $300 or something like that

jtgamer

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Springfield, VA
If we are still talking about getting an iPhone at Best Buy, There is no way to get an unlocked iPhone over there. As it been said before, you can finance it with the Best Buy Credit Card. Depending on what phone you get, you can finance it in either 6 months (upgrade or new contract price) or 18 month (full retail price locked), both with no interest. Reason why I know, I work there :p.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

This. If you can't afford to buy an iPhone outright then you need get your priorities in order and not purchase an iPhone. There are far more important things to spend money on. If you're in high school and only working off of a weekly allowance... well then that would make more sense, and I guess it's ok, but a really really bad habit to get into.

No phone company is going to loan you money to pay off your iPhone, but (don't do this) that's what credit cards are for. And a prepaid month-to-month cell plan is what I do. $45 a month for unlimited everything from Straight Talk. That's a financially good decision.

who is to say he is not still in high school living at home....in which case his financial priorities are way different than you and I. The best thing to do if you want to finance it would be getting a Barclays card from apple....12 months no interest or best buy. As a student, you could probably get something around $500 limit

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010

If you really need an iphone, get the 4 at way less cost. The 4S is not that much better. And, from everything we think we know, either will the 5.

If you can not afford it now, do not buy it.

Sad that someone thinks they need something that bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.