Prepaid legal unlocked Iphones in Europe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by princigalli, Nov 24, 2008.

1. princigalli macrumors 6502

I was surprised that this information was not shown on Macrumors. There is a large European prepaid phone operator called Simyo, they are in the Netherlands, Germany and Spain. They now offer unlocked 3G Iphones for about €600, with no contract obligation. They also offer internet access for €9 a month, restricted to 1Gb.

I think it's an excellent offer, a little more expensive that German Telecom's offerings but it spares you 2 years contract with Telecom, which locks your phone, is extremely expensive, and exposes you to all their rip offs and problems.

2. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Nothing earth-shattering

I think these hasn't gotten any headlines because someone can buy a 8GB iPhone 3G with no-commitment (= no contract) for $599 and a 16GB iPhone 3G with no-commitment for $699. So, basically its more expensive overseas, so wouldn't it make more sense to buy it from someone in the states. I don't know about everyone else, but I think Apple and AT&T (in the states) and other carriers have done a damn good job of preventing the unlocking fad. I think soon it won't be a big issue at all too once Apple brings the iPhone to more than 100 countries including China. Imagine the sales numbers from CHINA!!!

3. svndmvn Guest

Since July Italy has had both prepaid and contract tied iphones unlocked. Sold by both Vodafone and Telecom Italia Mobile ah the same prices.
    499€ for the 8gb and 569€ for the 16gb