Preparing for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 6, 2012.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

As many of the other users here I plan on updating my 4S and getting the 5. I'm giving my mom the 4S as her first smart phone (which she'll love) and updating to the 5 for myself...it's a win win.

I basically wanted to know how to back EVERYTHING on my 4S up so once I get my 5 I can plug it into iTunes and everything (contacts/apps/music/ringtones) are all there. I know iTunes runs my backups but how do I put that back up on my new iPhone 5?

Would you recommend me updating to iOS 6 on my 4S and running a back up then restore to the iPhone 5?

I also want to deactivate my 4S from my iTunes and not have it connected as one of my connected devices.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Once you get the new iphone all you have to do is plug it in and restore from the backup of the 4S.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

You should be ok to just back it up, then plug your 5 in and ask it to restore from your most recent backup (which you just did).

I'm going to be going from a 4 to a 5, and I backup to iCloud so i'm hoping its simply a case of hyping my iCloud login details in and the phone should pull all my data down from the cloud. Heres hoping :D