Prepping phone for backup so I can restore my new phone from it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Advil, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 and have been contemplating whether or not to restore my 4S from a backup of it. I'd really like to have all my old texts and things like that but don't want it to run slow or anything from the jailbreak.

What I did was uninstall all the apps I don't use, all the pics I don't really care about and then I uninstalled all my jailbreak apps through cydia.

Is that good enough to prevent any corruption carrying over into my new phone?

I notice that my folders open up a little bit slow, theres a half a second lag from when i touch the folder to when it opens, is this normal for an iPhone 4 or is it because i used to have infinifolders installed?

Thanks!

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Don't have mine jailbroken so that will be interesting to see what happens. I think I'll just start clean to be safe, but I don't have any old texts I need saved like you do.

3. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Bump?

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

You'll be fine. Just back up and restore on 4S

5. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I read somewhere yesterday that when someone restored from their. Ackup it deleted Siri. Let us know what happens if you go this route. He just restored it to factory default.