Presence of Armed Citizen Prevented More Death Says Oklahoma County Sheriff

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by EvilQueen, Sep 27, 2014.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pre...ented-more-death-says-oklahoma-county-sheriff

No matter what her views were before, I bet Traci Johnson is happy there was a gun there.

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he was a cop. not some random guy with a gun.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Actually, he was a Reserve Deputy. They serve 16 hours per month in Oklahoma and are CLEET certified.

5. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Do you think his religion didn't play a part? You can call it workplace violence if you want but really? He beheaded a fifty something year old woman... Then of course, there is those Facebook pages and the reports that he was shouting Islamic phrases... Just like the Ft Hood shooter... He's just upset about the coffee in the break room.

7. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

It may have, I don't care about that. My point is that calling 911 wasn't going to help that woman. Thinking happy unicorn and rainbow thoughts wasn't going to help that woman. Calling a time out to wait for police wasn't going to help that woman. "I don't go to dangerous places" wasn't going to help that woman. And I am sure that woman doesn't give a crap about any study that says you are a billion times more likely to commit suicide with a gun if you have one in your house.

She is happy that a guy carrying a gun saved her life. I guess the others will say that he could have done something else....like throw a muffin or a stapler at him and ask him nicely to quit cutting peoples heads off though.

8. zin, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

zin macrumors 6502

Sounds like you're just trying to wave a pro-gun flag around in our faces, not make any attempt at meaningful debate.

The comments on the article are pretty amusing, though. The top-rated comment says that basically because the (regular force) police could not arrive in time, this is proof to mean that they don't care about helping you, despite the fact that it was an officer that helped. Very strange association there.

I'm glad the second woman is alive but the article is nothing more than an NRA lobby just like you for this thread. You don't care that the woman got attacked or is alive. You just care that a gun was used to make it so. Had the guy been incapacitated by a taser and then sent to prison for life you wouldn't be posting it and that website wouldn't even care.

No, the woman can be thankful that a reserve police officer was in the right place a the right time. This has nothing to do with politics.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

That is all it is. That's all any of his threads are about.

He still seems to believe that most here are anti-gun and anti-carry. You can tell him all you want, but there are only two sides in these peoples' minds:
    • You believe in total gun saturation and anywhere/everywhere/anybody carry
    • You are 100% anti-gun​

Literally nothing incorrect in this paragraph.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Reserve Sheriff's deputy with concealed handgun shoots violent man several times during a vicious attack.

Meanwhile, the BJS shows that in 2011 there were 478,400 incidents of firearm violence in the United States.