Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John-F

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I’m sure this has been addressed before, but my search capabilities are not good enough, so appreciate a link or even an answer.

In the past I used iTunes and am aware of doing an encrypted backup to preserve the keychain contents but not sure about doing this with iCloud.

I have Settings | top banner | iCloud | Keychain ON

But not sure if I need to do anything else when restoring with iCloud.

Thanks.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Either way email passwords will need to be re-entered when restoring. The accounts, settings, and everything will be transferred over, you will just need to put in the password for each account and back to where you were.

It's a security feature.

John-F

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Either way email passwords will need to be re-entered when restoring. The accounts, settings, and everything will be transferred over, you will just need to put in the password for each account and back to where you were.

It's a security feature.
OK, thanks. I thought you could do the same with iCloud that you can with iTunes, but I guess not.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta

It's a security feature.

That's why I use iTunes encrypted backups

Reactions: dolphin2421
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.