President-elect Trump says Apple CEO Tim Cook phoned him after victory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by the8thark, Nov 22, 2016.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Get a grip. It was a phone call and proves nothing.

3. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Saddam Hussein also phoned to congratulate him from the 7th plane of Hell.

Saddam: "Congrats Donald! And thanks for standing up for me! I wish I could speak with you longer, but me and Mephistopheles have a date tonight, gotta go!"

4. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

Did you hear everything what the phone call said? I didn't so you (and I) can't know that. I can only go off what both parties, Trump and Cook have said about it.

Having constant dialogue with the business leaders of the nation is never a bad thing. It's good to keep them in the loop. For transparency at least, and when any issue arises they will by more likely to trust a government who has always kept business informed about everything.

You need to keep a more open mind.

5. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I don't see anything analogous between Saddam Hussein and Tim Cook, but that's just me. Can't you follow @Scepticalscribe advice and just be nice?

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

8. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

We're only allowed to post perceived negatives about Trump don't you know that!

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Likely a more self-serving call on Cook's part now that Trump is in power. I really don't think either gives a cra p about the other outside what impact policies might have on things.

10. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

11. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Yep, but Tim would have been neglecting his positions as CEO if he didn't make the call.

12. T-R-S macrumors regular

T-R-S

Trump slides about everything Trump also said that he was friend with Putin then next weeks he said he never met or spoke to him.
    - I don't believe it.....

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It proves that Trump won. I'll bet Cook would rather have chewed an arm off than make that call. But better to smooch Trump's behind and be invited to the Tech summit than to be frozen out like Twitter's Jack Dorsey.