President Hillary Speaks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dogslobber, Oct 14, 2017.

1. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

2. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

What are you attempting to discuss here? Must be something great with that clickbait title!!

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I for one am glad that she did not become President and hope she never does.

4. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

dude go see a proctologist. thats not normal!!

5. zin macrumors 6502

6. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

From the toilet paper isle at a Costco book signing.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I just hope that she can fix her situation with her husband. I don’t wish separation or divorce to anyone, not even Hillary.

8. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Source for your claim?

9. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

[​IMG]

10. mac_in_tosh, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017

mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

And how many times does the Tweeter-In-Chief complain that something isn't fair, or that he's the victim of a rigged situation whether it's the media, an election poll, an election or an Emmy vote?

11. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Did you watch the video? If not then why are you responding?

12. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I did in fact watch the video.

13. shyam09, Oct 14, 2017

shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

That was a silly question to ask -

"Did you ever consider that Trump was the right man for the job?"

Like there's even a slight possibility Hillary would respond with a "yes". Hell, ask Bernie if he considered Clinton was the right woman for the job, and he would have said the exact same thing Hillary said.

Tweak that question to America if there was anyone else representing the Republicans in the Presidential Election ... "Do you consider that Hillary is the right woman for the job?" and there would be an overwhelming "NO."
    Neither presidential candidate is the right person for the job, neither.

Regarding misogyny - Hillary's loss wasn't misogynist even in a general sense; there will always be misogynist individuals, just as there will always be racist people. Did misogyny play a role in her loss? A small fraction, perhaps since it still exists among select people in our society; but nothing that would have caused the tides to shift. She had a golden opportunity to win, but she didn't feel the need to campaign a presidential election appropriately. This had nothing do with her success as a woman, but everything to do with how she presented herself to the people during the campaign. A presidential election isn't just about policies, it's about the image a candidate creates. Sure, Trump didn't have the best image out there - both physically and through his past actions - but he was out there, campaigning like crazy. If she had done the same, this election would have most certainly gone in her favor, guaranteed. But to expect the grand trophy just for participating ... come on, we all know that's not how life works.

She was a whiner, still a whiner, and always will be a whiner. The only difference, she's never going to replace our current whiner in chief, with her gracious whining self.

14. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

Not to be confused with...
    [​IMG]

15. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

But the tone of many who have posted in this thread (contrast it to the benign response to Al Gore's post election defeat climate change crusade - a topic theoretically equally irksome to the Right) tells its own sorry tale; the subliminal misogyny - and desire to deny Secretary Clinton a platform by demanding her silence - is striking.

16. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

How do you see any misogyny in this thread specifically?

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Where don't they see misogyny is probably a more apt question.

Just glad we never have to pair the two words in the thread title together.

18. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

I hope it's sarcasm. They haven't lived together for many years now. They only talk on the phone once in a while about politics (or which person will be added to the body count next).

19. yaxomoxay, Oct 14, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

No it’s not. I am not much of a gossiper, but I always hope that families can stay together. Don’t care if their name is Clinton.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2017 ---
    I admit this is charming !!
    I totally defend her right to speak, but the thing is that after a while it’s boring. She is not analyzing her defeat, she’s merely pointing fingers. That’s the problem, she’s coming out as a complainer while - although I truly can’t stand the Clintons - she remains an accomplished politician. She was First Lady, a senator, etc... and she claims that she lost because she’s a woman or because of the Russians, all while she lost some critical blue collar areas. I want her to do a serious analysis, not a pity tour. She has the experience, the means, and certainly the intelligence to analyze 2016 and to help her own party (and the US in general).
    40% of women voted for Trump, a much larger numbers of voter than she expected. And what is her analysis? That they voted against their own interests, or because men pressured them; that is, she basically claims that women were weak. Even her own husband is not accepting it, according to the rumors.

20. UL2RA Suspended

She shouldn't be President because she's a horrible human being, not because she's a woman. I would love to have the first female President. I just don't want it to be Hillary. People want her to shut up because she hasn't stopped bitching about it since the day she lost, not because she's a woman. It's nauseating.
    Stealing this. <3

21. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I agree as well. She's learned a lot in the two failed campaigns of hers, and her book and public appearances would be better served trying to analyze what went wrong so future candidates (regardless of gender), as well as her own party / USA *(as you mentioned) can learn from her mistakes as well. But when she has dig into every single corner to come up with an excuse for why she lost the election, I don't know what to feel about her and for that matter, it might even given others a negative image of future potential women candidates as well.

22. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68040

dogslobber

You should all buy Hillary’s book to show solidarity with her.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'll pass.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So why is Trump president?

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Because he’s not a human being.