President Obama addresses Australian citizens at UQ

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by orestes1984, Nov 14, 2014.

1. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You are also bombing brown people & arming rebels & looking for ways to get rid of sovereign foreign leaders as it suits you? How much spying are you doing on your own citizens? Does your govt arm cartels as well? What a shame

3. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

Where the United States goes Australia generally follows, so yes, we keep up our end of the ANZUS agreement and in the times when we have asked the US has kept up their end. It doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it.

What is interesting is the fact that the rock star like presence Obama had in the US hasn't really worn off in Australia and Obama is taking full advantage of it.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Plenty here are tired of his shenanigans . You can keep him if you like:D

5. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

Whether you like him or not, he generally speaks well.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Only with a TelePrompTer

7. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

typical replubicrap...

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm not republican. Funny you might not agree with the war & his actions but it's ok, he is still a rock star to you.

----------

not everyone buys Obamas crap.

his rock star status only affects those who have no idea what is going on or care because that magical "D" blinds them.

9. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's where the whole teleprompter issue came from which is an undeniable truth, even more so than Barack Obama's birth certificate :eek:

I just made the comment that there are people here in Australia that still see him as that hopey changey rockstar that was elected in 2007, where Barack Obama seems to have a better reputation internationally rather than domestically.

It's just an interesting fact nothing more nothing less, I didn't say he was a rock star to me, it just seems to be the outward international perspective.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you are blinded by that magical "D" as well
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html

11. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no worries , makes no difference who is at fault, rock stars get away with whatever they want thanks to the people who are blinded by them.

13. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

I made a comment, you seem to think it represents my views.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

fair enough, what ARE your views? how do you feel about the GOVT spying on the citizens w/o warrants? how about incarceration w/o charges? how about meddling in the affairs of sovereign countries trying to remove their leaders? continued bombing & arming of rebels?

15. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think what we're seeing at the moment is blasphemous, particularly with Ukraine. If it wasn't any more obvious about what is going on in propping up yet another US backed tinpot dictatorship like they are doing in Khazikstan, it would be standing right there out in the open.

On the issue of government spying, and holding foreign citizens under "house arrest" without charge I only have to look at Julian Assange who is locked up in London.

Just because I'm reporting on all the yahoo's and cheers doesn't mean I fully support what your country is doing. If you want an example of what they're doing here in Australia.

They've shut down the main expressway for the city of Brisbane and the main bridge that connects South Brisbane to North Brisbane, if he were a real world leader he'd catch the bus or take a ferry like everyone else.

It's the equivalent of shutting down the Brooklyn Bridge and most of Manhattan, just because the POTUS is in town. This is the condition of the capital of the state I live in right now. Like I said, it's the equivalent of shutting down the borough of Manhattan.

[​IMG]

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think is criminal. Not blasphemous. Would be AWESOME is bush/Cheney/Obama & most of congress ended up in jail:)

17. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Obama is a terrible public speaker. His stuttering is peppered with "um's" and "uh's." His two favorite lines are those hackneyed old chestnuts "Make no mistake" and "Let me be clear."

Also, he punctuates his talking points with that cautious, clenched-hand-thumb-up gesture so beloved by the weak and passive.

19. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

The police motorcade has now moved to the convention centre in South Brisbane to the right behind where the ferris wheel is.

----------

It wasn't short of it, but there was still plenty of "yes we can" statements about climate change and gay rights also.

20. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bush and Cheney should be tried as war criminals.

21. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

World leaders are now meeting within the Brisbane convention centre.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Along with Obama.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Obama is the best president ever.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Try video on post 8

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Then I guess you also agree with Rachael Maddows when she sides with Obama's policies 90% of the time. Or are we cherry picking? ;)