President Obama: 'We can't be isolationists'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jun 12, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/282019-obama-we-cant-be-isolationists

Article has more.

I cannot disagree with him, nor can I disagree with what I believe to be a primary reason for people finding "isolationism" more appealing. I'll mention that later, but am curious to read what others believe (or otherwise) about the President's speech.

2. pdqgp, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Obama is a fool.

Having actual borders isnt' being isolationists. We can't have just anyone who wants come strolling into our land. We are a land of immigrants doesn't mean no borders. It means we are made of a diverse group of cultures and people but the decision to let them enter needs to be an intelligent one.

His rules of engagement are a disgrace. Anyone who disagrees has likely never seen combat first-hand. Obama and his views on actual engagement are laughable. Put his pansy butt in the battle field and see how he handles it. See if he'd let a security detail outnumbered 2 to 1 just stand their and wait to be fired upon before engaging. 110% guarantee he wouldn't do it....but he'll sure make others do it. Great leadership Obamafail.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Someone else must take the lead in the Middle East. The Great Satan in charge is a negative for winning hearts and minds and as I mentioned in another post, we'll bankrupt ourselves, or destroy our economy, pouring trillions into the Middle East, (for what exactly?) better spent on education, research, commerce, and infrastructure. Our allies will be laughing all the way to the bank, Good job, Uncle Sam.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ah huh... And because of this you're going to vote for a draft dodger?

5. pdqgp, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

fear or dislike and avoidance of going to war is far more understandable than someone in a position of power such as Obama who puts handcuffs on the mend and woman that are on the front lines. Especially when we all know that he wouldn't ever put himself in that same position. That IMO makes him more of a coward. He's an ineffective leader and such behavior is common of poor leaders. True leaders Know the Way; Show the Way; and Go the Way. He doesn't.

add to that the men and woman fighting on the front lines want to be there and rely on their peers to hold that same commitment. I'd rather fight with one less man than to have someone there who doesn't want to be there. The latter is far more dangerous.

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Clinton can't run for president again. He's already served twice.

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm talking about the **** you've stepped in, not the **** across the road.

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Hillary and Bubba

The dynamic duo, guaranteed to be entertaining...

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

There are really two types of people:

1. Those who would really like a more presidential candidate, someone who can speak to every man or woman, but at the same time inspires us, etc. Trump is not presidential in the way we think of, yet his economic views and business savvy do give us hope to turn the economy around. And while the way he goes about it is unorthodox, his stance on being stronger in the world is certainly better than 8 years of Obama's US Supremacy Apology tour.

2. The second is those who apparently don't care about dignity, morals, or integrity, and can simply either look the other way or are somehow completely blind to who Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are as people, leaders, and liars.

Let's start with Obama.

He won on we can't have 8 more years of Bush. Since then his (broken) record has been that he has had positive economic and job growth for xx consecutive quarters, which is at 2%, which is considered on par with deflation, and is not economic or job growth. Yet he touts it at every turn. When anyone points out that it's pathetic, he and his defenders cry out, this is the best we could do with what he inherited from Bush. Dude, you've had 8 years and all you have done is SPEND us into a gigantic hole.

He may very well be the most egotistical pat himself on his own back President ever. He takes full credit for killing Bin Laden. Yeah, it wasn't the SEAL team was it. You'd rather close Guantanamo anyway.

His presidency is literally a lie and a joke. Anyone who voted for him should be ashamed. Bill Clinton, sleaze ball Lewinsky scandal aside, was actually a good Democrat President. Obama is a lesson in WTF were we thinking.

Then there is Hillary. Hil LIAR y.

She is only interested in power and telling the American people how to live. Hillary believes she lives by a different set of rules. But she wants to set the rules for everyone else. She comes from the school thought that she knows best what people need. She will make things the way they need to be that is best for everyone. Except the elite of course. Kind of a little bit like a cross between communism and a dictatorship. That is what the world with Hillary Clinton will be moving towards. And her fan peeps are completely blind to it. Sorry, but gender alone is not a qualification for President.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Hillary singing Kumbaya will bring everyone together in peace and harmony.

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

Not on my watch!

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Spot-on. Obama is a complete embarrassment to us as a nation in terms of what he has done for us in 8yrs. He gives great speeches but forgot that action speak louder than words.
    Welcome to the New America where the masses are blind.

It's all a part of his vision to lower the bar. In his eyes the above is good. Dude is a legend in his own mind.

agree.

The military folks in the field all know better. I stay in close contact with many many of my friends still serving and a vast majority know he's a joke and a worthless leader. They serve the county though, not him.

Gingrich and Kasich helped him a lot. Clinton was such a liar though. The whole sexual relation scandal is such a joke. Now Mrs. is trumping him. Pun intended.

Then there is Hillary. Hil LIAR y.
    Such NOT the characteristics of a leader that it's not funny.

disappointments come in pairs. first blacks, now women everywhere will experience the same feeling.