President Romney

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nozebleed, Aug 28, 2012.

1. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Do you have anything substantive to add to your link? Are the analyses pointing to an Obama win somehow less valid than this study? Because I trust Nate Silver over pretty much any other electoral prognostication anyday.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw the Colorado story too, and like SwiftLives, I'd rather trust Nate Silver.

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

The polling is all over the place this year. Common wisdom would say Obama has this one in the bag if you look at most polling data. Most years polls can predict fairly well, however Carter was outpolling Reagan at this point in 1980 and yet lost in a landslide. I believe it will be close either way, but honestly I'd rather not predict a winner at this point.

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

It's hard to trust the polling or analysis when the GOP has proven it is not above voter suppression. In addition, the exit polling taken during the 2008 and 2010 elections were strange enough to indicate possible electronic voting machine tampering. I haven't heard anything more on the subject, but after Florida, I trust the GOP exactly as much as I trust the Democrats in Chicago to run a clean election.