President Trump is going to meet Putin in person in less than two weeks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Jun 26, 2017.

1. darksithpro, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

His first time meeting Putin in the flesh as POTUS. The G20 summit is July 7, and Putin will be there. This is going to be interesting. I wonder what Trump and Putin will talk about? What kind of crazy conspiracy theories will be concocted?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

They will discuss merging the 2 countries to create a truly global empire. Washington and Moscow will become co-capitals, we'll build another White House in Moscow and Putin another Kremlin in DC. All official government communications will be done in English and Russian going forward.

5. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Won't ever happen.

Russia has universal single-payer healthcare that covers everyone, including the sick, poor, and elderly. GOP would never allow it because they hate helping the sick, poor, and elderly.

The Russian constitution establishes that citizens have a right to state-run healthcare and medicine free of charge. The GOP will never allow it because they hate rights except those that let you shoot school children.

Putin recently announced that the obligatory medical insurance tax paid by companies is increased from 3.1% to 5.1%. The GOP will never allow it because taxes.

6. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Putin checks in with 2 suitcases and Trump with four.

Putin checks out with four suitcases and Trump with 2.

7. trsblader macrumors 6502

Then claims fake news, followed by claiming it was actually he who left with 4 because he's a good negotiator, then claims fake news again and that it was Clinton who exchanged suitcases with Putin, then something about Obama.

In all seriousness though, should be interesting. My prediction is that at least while the cameras are rolling, Trump tries to pretend he never saw Putin, and Putin turns it into a game and makes sure he's in the background behind Trump and looking towards the cameras with some evil grin as much as possible.

I don't expect much from it really.

8. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

It's gonna be YYUUGGEE! BIG LEAGUE!

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

So, what you're saying is, that GOP wants the elderly to die quicker thereby culling its base? :confused:

10. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

And his belly not big enough!
    Did someone make a rerun of "Brokeback Mountain"

11. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

They'll each give each other the straight poker face, and then after a firm handshake, they'll tongue each other down.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

13. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Nobody every claimed they were smart...

14. darksithpro thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if Trump's advisers are going to coach him on how to communicate with Putin. What not to say, stuff like that. Putin is pretty cunning, lets hope Trump doesn't fall into his verbal traps.

15. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

No one can coach Trump. He'll also be too giddy to stick to script, probably brag about all the secrets he knows.

16. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Trump can't even best a Senator from Kentucky Putin is going to put him through the ringer bigly.

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Somebody needs to warn Putin to gird his loins, because, you know, Trump is a celebrity so he can just reach out and ....

18. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

So long as Putin allows him to do it, like the women in the quote so many keep twisting to fit their agenda, I'm OK with it.

19. VulchR, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

'twisting'? Have you actually heard the quote? He's admitting to sexual assault, plain and simple.

EDIT: And Trump deserves to be mocked mercilessly for it.

20. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Definitely going to be a Mr and Mrs Smith affair. Kudos points to anyone who figures out this reference, and no, it's got nothing to do with that terrible Bradgolena film.

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

It's great that everyone is has insurance in Russia, but unfortunately they have a horrid healthcare system. In fact thousands of their towns have no healthcare access at all and much of the healthcare they do have is quite unacceptable.

I think I'd rather be in the US (where even the uninsured can get emergency care) and have access to a clean hospital, with bathrooms not overflowing with human waste, where one doesn't have to bribe staff to get adequate attention than get opposite of the above for free.

Free healthcare isn't necessarily better than what we have. Russia has received national and international condemnation for their health infrastructure. I truly hope for the people of Russia that an increase in spending will fix the rampant issues with their imploding healthcare system.

22. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

23. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Yes, I was being tongue-in-cheek.

Anecdote - I was ~17 last time I was in Russia, and I got a staph infection somehow somewhere. My dad brought me to a neighborhood clinic that his friends there told him was good. We get there, and the line to even get in is a block long. Further, the person letting people in is checking passports which was an issue for us because I no longer have a Russian passport and for obvious reasons we didn't think it would be wise to show them my US passport. We push to the front of the line, and my dad hands the passport-checking lady two crisp Benjamins and demands to see a doctor quick for my infection. She calls a nurse, who brings us to an examination room right away. Dad gives the nurse a few 20s. Doctor comes in, looks at my arm, brings in an ultrasound machine to look at the infection (not sure why, but it was pretty bad and swollen by this point), and prescribes me meds. Dad pays him a few hundred bucks too. We got get the prescription filled, and I'm fine.

Moral of the story: the almighty dollar will get you anything in Russia.

24. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I expect them to kiss. Putin will lean forward, whisper into Trump’s ear “remember the golden tapes I have,” and then kiss Trump.

25. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Wonder how long after till vids of hookers peeing on them appears on the internet.