President Trump/paraolympics, classy as usual

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

What a high quality person our president is:

“....a remark Trump made at a Friday ceremony celebrating this year’s Olympic and Paralympic Games in PyeongChang, South Korea. “What happened with the Paralympics was so incredible and so inspiring to me,” Trump said at the ceremony, according to The Daily Beast. “And I watched — it’s a little tough to watch too much, but I watched as much as I could.”

Watching the disabled is tough for Trump. And he has the class to share his thoughts with us.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5258664/trump-paralympic-games-tough-watch

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I took that statement as it was tough for him to watch too much because he is busy with other stuff but he watch as much as he could. How did you take it?

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

That he can’t watch disabled people do things. Tough for him to watch because of time....no no no. I heard him say that. Not even close to what he meant.

4. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I admit: that comment made me smirk--it's just so very Trump. If that's what he meant--and it sounds like it.

5. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Gee, if only we had some sort of evidence of what he thinks of the disabled.

[​IMG]

6. Eraserhead, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Politifact doesn’t back up the claim that he didn’t mock the reporter. He clearly did. It backs up the claim that he possibly didn’t mock the reporter for being disabled.

9. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Ok but what do you think? After he said what he said, isn’t it pretty resonable that that’s what he was doing. I mean how many times to people have to give an example of the president being—-racist or sexist or just a jerk— before people stop defending him. (Not saying you are one of these people)

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the racism claims are harder to disprove. There are more examples by a long way :)

11. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm sure if it was a teenage beauty pageant somehow he would have plenty of time