President Trump Taking On Prescription Drugs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 11, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

I can post a link later with a summary of what he is saying but I have to admit, I like what he is saying (and I hate the guy.)

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It would be a far more productive effort if the thread title didn’t include the word “on.”

3. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

And "prescription" probably.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Let me know when he starts building a wall around pharmaceutical companies to keep drugs out.

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

here is a link

… Trump said the administration will take on the "tangled web of special interests," pointing to the drug lobby …

Sounds like he is setting himself up for failure.

6. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Oh the irony in this thread already. It’s expected though.

7. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

If he can do anything, good on him. That said, I don't believe for a second that his answers will be anything other than removing consumer protections.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Biotech and pharmaceutical stocks are way up this afternoon. Wall Street knows that he’s not really going to do anything meaningful here.

9. AsherN macrumors 6502

So the way to lower drug prices in the US is to force other countries to raise theirs?

10. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-for-high-u-s-drug-prices-idUSKBN1IC2C0?il=0

He thinks he can stick it to hospitals and benefits managers and leave the Big Pharma donors happy. And yeah, their investors are thrilled this afternoon. Customers are on their own.

Plan manager to patient: we don't carry that YZY drug any more in your tier and there's no generic yet, tell your doctor usually patients can take a drug called XYZ instead and perhaps he can prescribe that for you, it's not much older than YZY and only has a few bad side effects, thank you for choosing TheBestDrugPlanAround and have a nice day.

11. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Until there's direct negotiations for Medicare Rx, prices will continue to be high and rise steeply every year.

12. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

[QUO
    TE="ronntaylor, post: 26050961, member: 27956"]And "prescription" probably.[/QUOTE]

Some say he is on drugs. He took part of the drugs that combined were called fen-phen and is now on a drug I am for 90 days. He’s been taking it for years which is bad.
    He talked about wanting to stop the tiers and have all approved drugs available.

13. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m sure he’ll battle the pharmaceutical mafia by giving them a tax cut. That’ll show them!

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

And fewer regulations. A few hundred thousand deaths due to improperly trialed drugs will surely open up some much-needed jobs in the country.

So much winning...

15. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Even if he manages that, hell freezes over before a single cent of that extra money end in price reductions in the US.

I'm still waiting for Trump to "fix" one of the US' problems in the the US instead of deflecting onto other countries simply for not being as broken as the US......

16. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Fixed a missing bold there. :D That is pie in the sky and Trump knows it. And... "available", sure... if the customer has the dough. Leaving the middlemen in there is not a solution. Trump doesn't want to try to take on the insurance companies, eh? Do we not think the benefits managers already tried to get the price down on the drugs they mark up to sell us? Where's the wiggle room for any more of that if Trump starts messing with tiers and "having all approved drugs available"?

17. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The non result of this hot air should show everybody how ineffectual our government is for the greater good of the people. Nobody is pro drug addiction, but I’m sure both parties will pay a handful of "experts" to be pro drug addiction and the major news networks will give them as much air times as they need to make sense.

18. IWantItThatWay, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018

IWantItThatWay Suspended

This is the stuff I want Trump to do.

Take on Big Pharma.

Reform the student loan system.

Write an executive order on marijuana to start the motion to remove it from Schedule I.

An infrastructure bill to put us on the level that China is at.

Reform the Veteran's Administration.

Deporting illegals who steal American jobs.

Stuff like this. Not bombing Assad or tax cuts for the rich.

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Yeah, just what we need from the purveyor of Trump U. :rolleyes:

20. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Do we still give money to oils companies? If so, put stop that on the list and:

Get us back on the moon, new space station and manned mission to mars (he said he wanted pence to work on these)

Stop DST switch. Roll back half an hour, split the difference and leave it alone

And throw in switch to metric system already for crying out loud.

21. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Talk about pie in the sky.......

22. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

A man can dream...

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

If you were to unwind all the petroleum subsidies, expect fuel prices in the twelve dollar range, which would, at least initially, hit lower and middle class people really hard. If we had decent public transportation and/or a healthy electric car presence, you could get away with it, but as of today, nine-tenths of the country would not be happy with such a move.

24. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Oh yeah and Trump could actually be ACTUALLY pro-environment, not fake pro-environment like Bernie Sanders, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, etc. etc.

I didn't vote for Trump for tax cuts and bombing Syria. So this is a good step for him to be anti-Establishment.

25. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

What he says != what he ends up doing