President Trump tells ABC News: 'I always like to be truthful'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 1, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

He also said he's good at estimating crowd sizes. Thank goodness my mouth was empty when I heard him say that or I'd have spit across the room.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wall-people-trump-defends-military-presence-border/story?id=58878290

For the interview/story.

One lie after another. Also - he severely attacked Obama for going on the campaign trail. And all he's doing lately is campaigning. Further - did you notice his ego in his statement - basically he was suggesting that no one can help these candidates win unless he visits and gives a speech.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Thanks for the link. I heard it on the radio. And yes. He keeps saying that a vote for whichever Republican candidate is a vote for him. Sorry Donald, you're not running. He's trying to tie himself to the candidates, whether they want it or not.

I was also shocked to hear this morning that he organized (without asking the candidate) a rally for the R gubernatorial candidate in Georgia - THE SAME NIGHT AS THE PLANNED DEBATE! So idiot R candidate cancelled due to a scheduling conflict, even though the debate had been planned for quite a while. And then he turns around and tells people that the D candidate cancelled and refuses to reschedule.

WTF?!

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Seriously, I’ve always thought the man was mentally ill, and this definitely supports that view. I don’t think he was gaslighting the interviewer. I think he actually believes it.

Why do you think his lawyers are trying to keep him from testifying in front of Mueller?

6. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Lieing is contagious and easy if you have a lot of Koolaid drinkers.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

^ And that’s what’s scary about Trump’s followers. They’re like the church of Scientology.

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Or any other religion, really.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

...or The People’s Temple. ;)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2018 ---
    Some are better than others in the live and let live Department. Not an endorsement! :)

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Was there any really doubt as to him suffering from a mental disorder? I mean you don't need 8yrs of medical training to figure out the mans has a narcissistic personality disorder. Google the damn thing and see how many boxes he checks off.

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Check out sociopath too.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I almost feel sorry for Trump, his old strategies of the Big Lie and intimidation no longer work. Welcome to national politics, where everybody checks what you say for accuracy and can't be easily brushed aside. This reminds of Obama's 'oh man, come on' comments when Trump was complaining about how he was treated by the press as a candidate. Did he not know what he was in for? I think Melania did...

[​IMG]
    Source: link

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I beg to differ.

I think the experience of the past couple of years shows, very clearly, that lies and intimidation do work. How else to explaln the liar and bully in the White House.

I'm usually a very optimistic person, but I have to say I see some very dark days indeed ahead for the United States. Trump has seized on this immigration issue, and is lying and manipulating (for instance) the "caravan" as a means to gin up support.

It possible, likely even, that the Democrats will pick up seats in the House. But they won't take the Senate. And unless things change very much in the next couple of years, I think it certainly plausible Trump will be re-elected.

Given the damage Trump has done to our political norms in the two years he's been in office, combined with Republican successes in gerrymandering, voter suppression, attacks on the free press, seizure of the Federal Judiciary, etc. - then I am very much afraid the United States is headed towards a de facto single-party dictatorship.

A state of affairs I would have considered absolutely impossible two years ago.

14. linuxcooldude, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Selective outrage. Big lies about key issues is what Americans care about. Keep your doctor, keep your plan. Partisan squabbles on who lies the most are politics as normal.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In short, he has exactly the wrong qualities you need in a president. It’s like hiring your local pedophile to work in a day care center, or promoting an extreme schizophrenic to field general.

But of course that’s not what his fans were thinking. They wanted a strong leader, woot woot.

Wrong word. Let’s not normalize anything about Trump. The man’s not normal, the things he does are not normal, and the way his fans admire him is not normal.

This is frog-in-a-pail-of-water stuff here. Just like turning up the heat on the frog, some of us are learning to accept this as the new normal. It’s not, and it never can be.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well that and the democratic candidate sucked and the DNC's strategy was to let Trump be Trump. They thought that was enough without proposing any real solutions to problems such as immigration. Their platform is garbage and like the Tea party became a herpes sore on the republican party, the radical left is growing and will become the same on the democratic party. The biggest difference is the mainstream left is actually embracing it. The GOP never really embraced the Tea Party platform or their demands, they just had to pacify them in order to get enough of them to vote on the **** they wanted to pass (which didn't happen all the time and drove one former Speaker to say "**** it I'm out").

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Strength without brains or an aby-normal brain is a real threat to all of us.

18. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The qualifier is “when I can”. There is a complete lack of evidence that this "when" is a time other than "not ever".

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

No, it's not politics as normal. Why people can't discern the AMOUNT of lying is beyond me. One person jaywalked and another was a serial killer. Why debate about the kinds of crimes and amount?

Trump harped on for years the jobs numbers were fake. He immediately took credit for the first drop under his presidency despite having little or nothing to do with it. He lies about the economy every day... more Americans making less when adjusted for inflation, including the middle class. Lies about crime rates, lies about tax cuts that were supposed to be passed... this week was it? What happened with that? Says the electoral college is a disaster when the race was called for Obama, calls it brilliant when he wins. His lying has no boundaries, no end.

His tariffs are kind of a big deal, and they aren't working, and he lies about those too. Makes up complete conspiracies out of thin air. If China is interfering in the midterms and selectively targeting farmers to hurt the republicans, is that something to worry about? Because that's what he said was happening.

Sometimes.. I just can't even fathom how people just shrug their shoulders at this guy's lies.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's funny that Conservatives have only one lie they point to over and over again to prove some false equivalency. If you support Trump, you lose the integrity argument. There's no way around it.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I think you make a fair reply to your own post. It's selective outrage because one has sooooooooooooooo many lies to choose from with this administration. While you need a specific incident, to use as your sole equivalence.

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

23. jerwin macrumors 68020

wow, Trump must really hate himself right now.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Holy spin doctor

[​IMG]

25. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Wut?

Wut?.jpg