President Trump's Overseas Trip

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, May 20, 2017.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Day One:
    Saudi King presents Trump with top civilian honor

Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud Medal.
    Did that come with a leash? :rolleyes: Seriously, I'm puzzled as to what it takes to to earn this honor, be a breathing President who states support for the Saudi regime?

[​IMG]

2. HEK Suspended

HEK

No, bring your trophy wife. Saudi kings like to rub it too. Just behind closed doors. You every consider they might be naked under that black blanket?

Next time use wide angle lense, can't see end of that tie. Maybe Trump stooped over cuz he stepping on it.

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The video of Melinda at this ceremony looked like she was thrilled to be there. :rolleyes:

4. HEK Suspended

HEK

She knew this was a bad thing. The emotional abuse she gets was gonna get worse once he started watching TV and he heard all the negative comments. As his staff was soon to learn, you don't want to be around the Donald when his feelings are hurt. Tends to lash out.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

6. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

He bent over to be collared. :)

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

That was Obama bending over for Iran.

8. Rigby macrumors 601

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

10. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

11. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

His many people style accusation is getting old. He frequently reference groups of people, with the words he puts in their mouths, including the overused everyone knows. :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2017 ---
    What about the stand alone merits of the argument?
    Encore performance for Trump: I Wanna Talk About Me. :rolleyes:

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I agree with everything he says, but the hypocrisy of his timing is glaring.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I was just reading this piece in the Washington Post and thinking that for once the Post, in its carefully calibrated reverence for the day's accomplishments in Riyadh, is almost in the tank for Trump.

Part of my brain was also thinking that some current or past members of the right in this forum (here's lookin' atcha jess13) might not be such big fans of the deals that are being celebrated today by Americans including the President and a number of US CEOs along for this leg of the trip.

14. Huntn, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

We as a Nation and our elected leadership should have a discussion of the pros and cons of supporting dictators, and how that impacts our professed standards of liberty, freedom, and human rights. According to the White House, Trump will not push a public, but rely on a private discussion and agenda about human rights. If you are a cynic, you can wonder if that means anything other than abandoning the human rights agenda.

Trump signals he won't press human rights ahead of key diplomatic week

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

You don't think it's just a little convenient that the writer picked now to write this? Do you think the thought even crossed his mind while Obama was president? I agree, we cannot sit here in the US and preach equality and rights and then support countries like that. I just wish the outrage existed all the time and not just when it meant yet another column to criticize Trump.

16. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

That's not what I've heard.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It does exist all the time, but it doesn't always fit the news hole allocated to outrage of the day. That's media....

Most countries favoring full human rights have become fairly pragmatic today about how to present "demands" to other nations when meaning to negotiate commercial relationships. With economic meetings, for a deal to get made there has to be some give and take. As we have done in China, more practical results ensue for both sides as well as for human rights when we deal with specific worker-rights issues in manufacturing processes, than if we start out saying we're not going to talk business deals with you unless you stop repressing free exchange of information, etc.

It helps to improve worker conditions, for example, to note that attention to worker safety and health are inputs to better products on the outflow side, and therefore to continued business dealings. That draws a pretty clear picture. We're in the era of global trade now, well and truly, so the remedy for a country shrugging over worker safety, say, is to pack up and move the assembly line to another country looking to provide labor for foreign companies and sustenance for its citizens.

Problematically, the USA is in a dicier position now even making those arguments for worker rights now, due to decline in how we treat our own remaining workers. We still make the arguments. And increasingly we get called out on it even here at home.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

19. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Trump in Saudi Arabia, a pictorial album….

Here we see Melania, clearly unhappy. A disgusted look in her face.

[​IMG]

And then here, we see Donald doing the Saudi Macho Sword Dance, dancing with a dozen other men. Only men dance in Saudi Arabia. Women are not allowed to dance. The ones that dared to dance have already been beheaded, courtesy of Allah.

[​IMG]

And then here, we have a picture of The Vice President left behind in White House, plotting a coup. VP Pence is now thinking "Would now be a good time to stage a coup d'etat? Donald is in Riyadh dancing with a bunch of Muslim heathens. And I'm here, in charge of the Oval Office. Would the GOP back me if I staged a coup right now? Hmm….."

[​IMG]

20. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I think Kushner and Trump got a little upset with their women for talking and chatting with the Saudis lol.. I got another video but do not know how to upload it here.

IMG_6350.JPG

IMG_6351.JPG

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

22. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

She may have pissed of Kushner or Trump for talking with Prince Walid. From what I heard was she sat next to Price Walid and they chatted together. Not sure if Prince Walid flirted with her and she got in trouble after from Kushner or Trump. In the past Trump and Prince Walid were not too fond of each other.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Gaudy and gold just the way he likes. I am sure he is quite happy to have another trophy for the trophy case that he can brag about later. Someday it will be in his presidential library.

I'm waiting for him to hold hands like Dubya did myself.

I don't think she was disgusted. I think she was just bored. Thinking "why am I even here?". I can't say I blame her with such a male dominated country. Which leads to this...

First off, I have to say I really liked this dance. Interestingly it seemed very Native American to me in a lot of ways. But to have only males dancing together is funny and most ironic for a region that frowns on homosexuality. I thought the same thing when photos of Dubya holding hands with a Saudi emerged during his visit there. So very odd.

24. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

That's right!! Now I remember…. during the 2015-2016 Presidential campaign, Trump used Twitter to insult Prince Walid as a "dopey prince".

Trump calls billionaire Saudi prince 'dopey'

waleed.png